• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gearhead and LMS E30 Tunes Dyno

Started by StealBlueSho, February 27, 2019, 09:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:16:33 PM
Unfortunately its gonna snow Sunday.. so track runs are gonna have to wait...

That's what I am curious about the most. I went to the track last Saturday. I am anxious to compare results.

What did you run? What was the DA?

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:23:20 PM

That's what I am curious about the most. I went to the track last Saturday. I am anxious to compare results.

I ran a 13.0 DA was 1796 - was 93 Octane tune though.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

creepmuzik

Looking forward to track results.  Gonna be running mine in about 2 weeks, this time I'll make sure I had good fuel, lol.
2014 SHO non-PP Tuxedo Black
GH E30, GH IC, Xdi-35 HPFP, PPE catted DPs, J2 Fab Dual Inlet CAI, MSD Coils, H&R Springs, Torque Mounts, JLT Catch Can, Oil Cap Breather w/front vent delete, EPP Noisemaker Delete, NITTO NT555s on stock Flowers
PB: 12.1 @ 112 mph - DA 0-200 [w/Airaid CAI and before IC]

StealBlueSho

Quote from: creepmuzik on February 28, 2019, 12:37:31 PM
Looking forward to track results.  Gonna be running mine in about 2 weeks, this time I'll make sure I had good fuel, lol.

Well HELLO Ben! I see you have finally made your way to the forums. Welcome! Make sure to post an introduction as well!

SM105K

I will be headed to the track next Friday so I will be able to report back as well.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
Quote from: creepmuzik on February 28, 2019, 12:37:31 PM

Well HELLO Ben! I see you have finally made your way to the forums. Welcome! Make sure to post an introduction as well!

I know right! I've been telling him to join this group. This is where the magic happens! FB only folks don't even know much about the AMAZING AJP.

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

802SHO

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:28:22 PM

I remember you mentioned this before and the DA was almost identical to your 12.5 run correct or is that wrong?  13.0 doesnt sound right.  Not with your mods.  What's your take on that?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

Quote from: sm105k on February 28, 2019, 11:43:30 AM
Those aren't my dyno sheets.  Those are BJ's.  These are his dyno runs showing the difference between the LMS E30 tune and GH E30 tune with having a upgraded HPFP and GH IC.

My car didn't make any more HP or TQ with the GH IC.  It made the almost the same, but with less boost.  Brad and I seem agree that my turbos are getting tired, and the new intercooler is making them work harder because of how efficient and how much volume it flows. The IC works, I have a boost problem.

Sm105k its interesting you say that.  I'm at 18psi boost I don't think I will get much benefit with the new IC as I already have meth that gives me cooling and octane.  The IC will increase wgdc and my stockers probably will run out of breath...I need more air (ATP) upgrade.  Quite frankly we all need everything...its just what do we do next?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 01:04:44 PM
Those aren't my dyno sheets.  Those are BJ's.  These are his dyno runs showing the difference between the LMS E30 tune and GH E30 tune with having a upgraded HPFP and GH IC.

My car didn't make any more HP or TQ with the GH IC.  It made the almost the same, but with less boost.  Brad and I seem agree that my turbos are getting tired, and the new intercooler is making them work harder because of how efficient and how much volume it flows. The IC works, I have a boost problem.

Sm105k its interesting you say that.  I'm at 18psi boost I don't think I will get much benefit with the new IC as I already have meth that gives me cooling and octane.  The IC will increase wgdc and my stockers probably will run out of breath...I need more air (ATP) upgrade.  Quite frankly we all need everything...its just what do we do next?

Turbos are next on my list.. I have a quote in hand for Livernois to do it, and a quote in hand for my local speed shop to do it... Just waiting on a few more details...and then shore it up.  Being as LMS is so far away from me, its looking like it will be better to install locally.. I am also working with Matt at GH to finalize the quote for his turbo's installed.. At this point, it just aligning up the pieces. Payment is ready. 

802SHO

Your car is going to rip!  Lol as if it already doesnt!  I'll have my finances in order very soon.  I am interested in GH upgraded turbos as well.  If I could do it all at once I would do the IC, HPFP, hot pipes and upgraded turbos.  That is the end goal.  For now turbos and HPFP...or turbos and IC and hot pipes.  Once I get turbos I'll quickly run out of fuel...but I can't do it all....and I don't like the idea of more boost and fuel with the stock IC plumbing....so not sure yet.  Roughly 4 grand either way.

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 12:55:22 PM
Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:28:22 PM

I remember you mentioned this before and the DA was almost identical to your 12.5 run correct or is that wrong?  13.0 doesnt sound right.  Not with your mods.  What's your take on that?

It isn't fair to compare the two runs. 12.59 was E30 vs 13.0 on 93. The IC really starts to help out on the back half of the track. I will say that where I saw the issues was that my 60ft were back to what they were stock. I was seeing 1.9-2.1 60ft times. Like the car just wasn't building boost off the line. Logs show it is though, so I don't know. That is a question for Matt or Brad on what was going on. I have a GH tune, I'm going to see what happens with that. Matt mentioned something about the WGDC settings need to be adjusted for the new volume of the intercooler.

802SHO

Ok.  I asked because I would like to think even a potent 93 tune would net you under a 13.  Based on the time alone it sounded like something wasnt quite right.  Hopefully you get it sorted out.  Your E30 tune for sure will beat the 93 tune but 93 should have done better. 

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 01:45:57 PM
Ok.  I asked because I would like to think even a potent 93 tune would net you under a 13.  Based on the time alone it sounded like something wasnt quite right.  Hopefully you get it sorted out.  Your E30 tune for sure will beat the 93 tune but 93 should have done better.

Yea, I thought so too. I was honestly expecting to be close to what my E30 tune ran before the IC with the 93, but I guess I was over ambitious about it. Won't be able to run the 1/4 again until March 16th. I'll be able to go to the 1/8th mile next Wednesday, but it's going to be cool out and I'm not sure the stock HPFP can keep up with the E30 tune in 40-50 degree weather.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 01:04:44 PM

I am in a the similar boat.  I am almost out of fuel and my turbos are tired. I have the IAT's and spark, I just don't have the air and fuel anymore.

The stock intercooler bottlenecks the stock turbos which allowed them to stay at a higher boost level.  This new IC is a bit bigger and it has dropped the boost level across the board, because of the increased area and volume. 

I could have my stockers rebuilt with a pair of upgraded wheels, or I can get brand new stock turbos off Tasca for like $427 a turbo.  However, with new stock turbos, I will be out of fuel completely.  So either way, I am spending $3400 minimum (upgraded HPFP, rebuilt with billet wheels or stock turbos, and catless DP's) to achieve the power levels I am seeking. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 28, 2019, 01:48:09 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 01:45:57 PM

Yea, I thought so too. I was honestly expecting to be close to what my E30 tune ran before the IC with the 93, but I guess I was over ambitious about it. Won't be able to run the 1/4 again until March 16th. I'll be able to go to the 1/8th mile next Wednesday, but it's going to be cool out and I'm not sure the stock HPFP can keep up with the E30 tune in 40-50 degree weather.

You should be stable with the fuel pressure in 40-50 degree weather.  I was with a little more wiggle room.