• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lost almost all power transfer driving in snow.

Started by jbrown9999, February 26, 2019, 09:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown9999

So, I was driving from UT to Las Vegas last Thur when the snow storm came through.  I was down to about 30-40 MPH and when I came to a hill, I had no power being delivered to the wheels.  I tried enableing and disabling traction control, I shifted into S and used manual shift and that worked a little.

I finally got to an exit, pulled off, shut down, restarted and everything went back to normal.

Any thoughts?  Never had that problem ever.  Almost wondering if the PTU or Trans fluid got too cold through the coolers with all the snow and ice.

Not sure what happened.

2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

Due to cold, prob not, due to water intrusion, possibly. No warning lights at all when lack of power was observed?  Did you have an OBD adapter plugged in at the time?

Possibly a transmission range sensor issue, sending you into Neutral.  The shifter is "fake" / drivebywire, it is also possible the switch needs to be replaced.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Maybe snow in the wheel sensor
not seeing the slip of the front wheels.
Or the clutch pack in the RDU (rear drive unit ) was malfunctioning.
Usually it will throw a light.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

jbrown9999

Yeah, I was looking for traction control lights, nothing.  That's why I'm so perplexed.

jbrown9999

Oh and no OBD sensor.  I was over 2hrs into the trip and it just started.

SHOdded

How many miles on your SHO, when was the trans fluid last serviced?  Still thinking sensor/switch if there was literally no power to the wheels.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Did you happen to check for any Codes set! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|