• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GH IC & SS ported intake manifold?

Started by 4sfed, February 25, 2019, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4sfed

SO!  Obviously plannign the GH intercooler, however I'm also playing with the idea of having super six port my intake manifold as well.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the ported intake for our car?  Also any thoughts on the tune?  Would this require further tuning than the IC alone?  ...I imagine it would.

Thanks in advance.
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SHOdded

The super six porting of intake manifolds on the naturually aspirated 3.5 makes a difference from all reports, but it is not going to be night and day.  I expect the same for the ecoboost 3.5.

Definitely worth tuning for, if the difference creates peaks and valleys in the rev band that were not there before.  Just like downpipes can be run without tuning for them, but then you are not getting full benefit.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

4sfed

Quote from: SHOdded on February 25, 2019, 10:56:22 AM
...Definitely worth tuning for, if the difference creates peaks and valleys in the rev band that were not there before.  Just like downpipes can be run without tuning for them, but then you are not getting full benefit.

Excellent point.  Thanks!
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

Gray Brick

I was looking into porting the intake manifold but it doesn't look very restrictive.
A port match to the heads and a little clean up is the way I went.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---