• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Educate me-Hot pipes Tial vs factory BOV w/ recirc tube

Started by 6500rpm, October 03, 2019, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

Going to be ordering a Hot pipes set soon and I wanted some information from you guys running the Tial in place of the factory BOV with the recirc set up. I need to decide on one or the other.

Mine is a daily driver and may see the track a few times for shits-n-grins and the occasional street light superman, but mainly just looking for some added performance and for my application, I don't have a clue if the Tial would be a benefit or if the VTA is distraction for daily driving (the attraction to the SHO has always been the performance and comfort). I've decided on a Gearhead Auto Octane tune as a base, and ordered the new cold air intake with the recirc ports since I can always cap them if I go Tial.

If you have the Tial, you most likely have experience with both set ups, so tell me some positives and negatives as you see it with both. Once again, it won't see a lot of track time, just wanting to have some fun. Noticeable performance gain? How often does the Tial BOV vent and is it a negative for a daily driver? Stuff like that....Thanks

2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

76fomoco

the VTA will make you smile every time you let of the gas but is not a power gain. the GH AO is a good base and will make the car wake up for sure but if you want another 50+ hp you will have to go E30 and do logs. as for the tial no info on my side as I only have two stroke experience and IMO can't see much gain on this set up as the turbo's are small and spool fast along with the WG is controlled well from the factory.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

EcoPowerParts

The Tial is better long term if you're going to expect to be running HIGH boost, the e-bov can have issues with 25+ PSI. No difference in HP
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

I'm a Bit late to the party but have my current setup for a number of years now and working as designed and could not be happier IMHO.   :)

The Tial BOV is vacuum activated and more durable when compared to the 2 stock BOV which are electrically controlled and are more susceptible to wear and tear!
The Sound can be heard from BOV upon Decel of the throttle.

FYI- I purchased mine directly from www.fullrace.com .

I think you Need to find the correct spring rate based on your current Mods! I think a -10 psi would be ideal especially with an EPP Dual intake or upgraded GH-IC IMO! I hope this helps any and if you have any questions feel free to ask and best of luck.  Z

TIAL Q-QR SPRING RATE CHART BELOW FOR REFERENCE

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg-warner-efr/efr-components/tial-q-blow-off-valve/

https://www.full-race.com/store/bov/tial-bov-spring/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16JZn6SXyIX6rJ2tWbLUBVCOIGwZvFuHD/view?usp=drivesdk

BTW- Here is a classic similar thread below which you mayfind beneficial.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2368.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

We sell the Tial as well, same price as Full-Race, the additional cost is the Tial mount and welding it on.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

6500rpm

Thanks guys, think I've made up my mind. I'll be in touch mike-just had my oldest daughter get married last weekend so time to take a breath and buck up. My understanding is that since the Tial is mechanical, it's a bit more consistent and lets face it, the set up looks awesome. That said I'm probably going to stick with the factory valves on this car. Best bet is to uncork the factory recirc valve this week and see if the sound bothers me or not-I've got that end covered on the CAI order regardless.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHOdded

Best wishes to your daughter for a long and happy wedded life!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!