• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

15 SHO H&R spring install ...need torque specs

Started by HOONIN, February 22, 2019, 02:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOONIN

I knew I forgot to do something last night.  I have a 2015 SHO and I'm doing the rears today and the frontsa tomorrow.  Does anyone have the torque specs for the

Rear
   Sway bar end link (upper nut)
   Sway bar bracket bolts holding SB to body
   Lower control arm bolt

Thank so much guys. Dave

ZSHO

Torque Specs and Install procedure should be noted in the below PDF! I hope it helps any. Z

Rear Spring Removal and Install

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgNQ2sqVEqDm2LwG1TVtPvYDYCSC72D1/view?usp=drivesdk

Front Strut and Springs Install

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiUHN5bXdBanJjNWpuby1UV2Q0N0o3OUQtZmJN/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

HOONIN

Z.....you rock....man i am blowing through mods this winter.  Trip to Livernois Motorsports next Friday to pick up a ton of parts.  The rear install went really easy, hoping the fronts go the same.  Thank you for your help!  Regards Dave

HOONIN

OOOH...OOOH...OOOH...Mr. Cotter (said in a Vinnie Barbareno voice)
Do you have a breakdown for busting the spring off the coil and getting it back together...did my 14' GT 2 years ago and I'm hoping its similar but I'm fussy about getting it all done and torqued down right.  Regards, Dave

ZSHO

Quote from: HOONIN on February 22, 2019, 06:52:46 PM
OOOH...OOOH...OOOH...Mr. Cotter (said in a Vinnie Barbareno voice)
Do you have a breakdown for busting the spring off the coil and getting it back together...did my 14' GT 2 years ago and I'm hoping its similar but I'm fussy about getting it all done and torqued down right.  Regards, Dave
NP! The Fronts are a big Pain in the butt while the bolts are splined and need to be driven out for starters IIRC. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

HOONIN

I have read a few small threads about this has anyone really detailed it out?  Looks like pulling the strut bolts, sway bar rod (upper end) and some other thing I don't remember while drinking beer in the basement...!....and the shock will drop out like my GT. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

(Courtesy) of POLSKI hope this helps any! Z

My alignment place wouldn't mess with the alignment camber bolts. I had to eye it and basically make them as positive as i could and it was in spec and  they turned out to be super close to each other. There is no need to take off the axle nuts on the front. Check the bump stops, mine were fine, I cleaned and lubed them. To get the control arm bolts out in the front they are spined so beat with a hammer may need heat. I also bought thru sockets from Craftsman but  they were short so I guess thru deep sockets are needed. The end link nuts are locking so I would recommend a couple new ones in case you have to heat one or two to get them off. The rears were a bigger pain in the ass as they are very tight. I had to spin the spring to a side that doesn't sit correctly in the spring seat to get them in and then spin them once they were in to hit the spring stop.

Pro tip:
Once done on a level surface loosen the strut bar and then retighten so there isn't any weird stress on the frame/body.

Feel free to reach out with any questions. The car is substantially lower. I need to buy higher sidewall tires for my winter steelies so keep that in mind. Test all the usual driveways so you don't jack anything under the car. I had to grind down some concrete on the entrance to my garage because the middle muffler was catching

ZSHO

Quote from: HOONIN on February 22, 2019, 06:42:28 PM
Z.....you rock....man i am blowing through mods this winter.  Trip to Livernois Motorsports next Friday to pick up a ton of parts.  The rear install went really easy, hoping the fronts go the same.  Thank you for your help!  Regards Dave
Did someone say Mods! Due tell! Btw how many miles on your SHO! Due post some PICS @ your earliest convenience.thanks. Z  :)

HOONIN

Z and others I just wanted to say the spring swap went
Flawlessly today....literally a super easy mod.  IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT THIS AND ARE NERVOUS JUST DO IT.  It takes more time to jack the car up and pull the tire then it takes to swaps the springs.  The 2 control arm nuts through the bottom of the shock are splined so you need to remove the nuts and then give them  20-30 small wacks and they will pop out.  Follow the pictures above for a 2015 this is a really easy swap with no axle nut removal or any other cautions others have had.  Torque specs above...good advice as well...one stop shopping.  I'm an average mechanic it was three hours on the nose.  No special tools required.  If you have trouble with the nuts on the top of the spring take them to a local suspension place with a dozen donuts.  Fifteen minutes later the new springs will be magically mounted as six guys thank you....7 bucks!  You guys rock!

Quote from: ZSHO on February 23, 2019, 08:05:35 AM
Quote from: HOONIN on February 22, 2019, 06:42:28 PM
Did someone say Mods! Due tell! Btw how many miles on your SHO! Due post some PICS @ your earliest convenience.thanks. Z  :)

HOONIN

Z ask and ye shall receive.....

I have a 2015 SHO non performance pack
Charcoal metallic with the SHO rims
25000 miles stored winters...flawless
Performance Pack calipers with Police Interceptor brake package
Oversized R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS 50 performance pads
H&R lowering springs with Adjuster bolts
UPR Dual Catch Can
Full tint all the way back
Completely blacked out the engine bay....looks cool as hell
Livernois Motorsports
   New LMS tuner with 5 tunes
   Thunderstorm exhaust with black tips
   Thunderstorm Hi-flow downpipe with cats
   Windstorm intake with Air Aid filter
   Three Bar Map Sensor
   Pre gapped plugs colder
   Thermostat

Next....audio!  Any ideas

HOONIN

Last question I promise...ok thats a big fat lie.  What is the torque number for the rear sway bar brackets that attach to the car....thats the only one I cant locate in all the diagrams.  Thanks Dave

SHOdded

Description  Nm  lb-ft 
Stabilizer bar bracket bolts  55  41 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO