• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

100,000 mile club

Started by Gjkrisa, February 20, 2019, 11:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Who's gotten your sho to 100,000 miles what has gone wrong along the way other then accidents
Rust, leaks, broken parts maybe how often realignment needs done?
Im at 30,000 received a bad motor at 13k then noticed rust on trunk didn't look at miles then had the driver seat start to crack and heated seat module.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

TopherSho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on February 20, 2019, 11:45:12 AM
Who's gotten your sho to 100,000 miles what has gone wrong along the way other then accidents
Rust, leaks, broken parts maybe how often realignment needs done?
Im at 30,000 received a bad motor at 13k then noticed rust on trunk didn't look at miles then had the driver seat start to crack and heated seat module.

-I also have the exact same crack in the seat 
-deck lid is a rustsy pos as well.  I plan in replacing it entirely when it gets bad enough because it cannot be fixed where mine is rusting. 
-chrome peeling off the taillights
-(2) boost solinoid control valves
-the crappy invision dvd players blew their caps
-the valves were CAKED on the backside .. i think there was to much oil in the intake.  forced to clean them at 45k miles.

racing related:
-cracked rear turbo turbine,  wheel was a VERY BAD dark color.  i think there was a oil flow issue for that one
-front turbo wategate was stuck/busted.. (ford would not let me see the part)
-exploding PTU.  shiny bits and oil everywhere

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ZSHO

I would make a list and try to have everything repaired PRIOR to the 3YR-36K Warranty is Up Pronto! Wheel alignment is recommended every 15K IIRC. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Bronco2fan

158K on my road warrior and still surprises me with power and comfort.  I have the front end of a road warrior(rock chips) and it was stumbling at low speeds (TC) maybe. Added some tranny fluid and friction modifier, good to go for a while now.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on February 20, 2019, 05:33:42 PM
I would make a list and try to have everything repaired PRIOR to the 3YR-36K Warranty is Up Pronto! Wheel alignment is recommended every 15K IIRC. Z
Yea it was all just repaired except for the missing paint I noticed it before it got any rust so I just painted it.
I told them as I was 900 miles away from the 30k so we got is started by the time it came in it was 300 miles over but all good because I had told them before warranty was out.

shaundizzle15

My 2013 had 108k when I traded it in, only failure was a wheel bearing and suspension mount. Otherwise ran great, took it over at 55k did brakes that year and switched to AMSoil. Kept it stock and was thinking about tuning but I didn't end up pulling the trigger. Like all parts none are lifetime and when I found out how expensive the water pump replacement would be decided to search out a new one. Found a 2016 owned by a little old lady with 20k on it and looking forward to tuning in the near future. Overall have been impressed with the platform and general durability provided basic maintenance is done.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

ClearwaterSHO

2013 - NON PP - 114k

I take this car from Tampa, FL to Memphis, TN multiple times a year. I'll drive there, race a bunch of people and drive home. It has over 300 passes down the track as well.

Mods: GH IC, AJPTurbo E30 Tune, SW Catless DP's, MSD Coils (not sure this is a mod).

Things I've Fixed:  I've replaced the rack and pinion, front control arms and bushings and just routine maintenance other than that.

The car runs great. I ran a log last night and sent it to AJP to get my tune updated for the GH IC. I still confidently drive it every where.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 21, 2019, 03:44:08 PM
2013 - NON PP - 114k

I take this car from Tampa, FL to Memphis, TN multiple times a year. I'll drive there, race a bunch of people and drive home. It has over 300 passes down the track as well.

Mods: GH IC, AJPTurbo E30 Tune, SW Catless DP's, MSD Coils (not sure this is a mod).

Things I've Fixed:  I've replaced the rack and pinion, front control arms and bushings and just routine maintenance other than that.

The car runs great. I ran a log last night and sent it to AJP to get my tune updated for the GH IC. I still confidently drive it every where.
From what I've read msd coils seem to help at higher rpms
But your tuner will be who could give us better insight I think.

TopherSho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on February 21, 2019, 03:49:25 PM
Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 21, 2019, 03:44:08 PM
2013 - NON PP - 114k

From what I've read msd coils seem to help at higher rpms
But your tuner will be who could give us better insight I think.

EDit that posted weird ... fixed : Totally forgot my rusted control arm we found when we went to replace the turbos .. that seems to be a thing along with the deck lids rusting :P
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

I've thought about ditching the OEM coils.. I keep thinking it would help with the super low load 'stutter' the 2010 seems to have,  and maybe help keep the spark cleaner north of 5000-rpm.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: TopherSho on February 21, 2019, 05:30:06 PM
I've thought about ditching the OEM coils.. I keep thinking it would help with the super low load 'stutter' the 2010 seems to have,  and maybe help keep the spark cleaner north of 5000-rpm.
Yeah when new my car had an odd stutter in low rpms but im usually on the gas a bit more quicker I should try the low throttle input see if it's still there.

I don't plan to upgrade the coils till probably the last thing or until my tuner when I get one tells me should get one.

SHOdded

ZSHO found the msd coils to provide a smoother idle, so it very well could help that low rpm stutter.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

122k on my 2013 right now. Took it to chicago auto show about 6 hours away from where I live this last weekend. Didn't skip a beat. Saw some cool cars. Anyways I replaced turbos about 15k ago out of thinking they were going out when they had no shaft play at all in the originals. Guess better safe than sorry. Other than that just done all the regular maintenance and what not. Car has held up great. I've got a leather crack on the front left of the drivers seat if you are sitting down, but otherwise anything that I have had to replace has been due to my own doing. Which honestly... I can't think of anything that NEEDED fixed.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

bpd1151

Jordan, should've let me know you were heading out my way. Especially since I was off last weekend.

We could've had a SHO meet up.

Anyhow, I can't contribute to this thread, as mine (as of this posting) "only" has a tick over 81k on it.

But glad to see so many others clipping past that 100k benchmark and still each enjoying them.

Can't wait to see a 200k thread of similar content.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jordan

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 22, 2019, 02:04:21 PM
Jordan, should've let me know you were heading out my way. Especially since I was off last weekend.

We could've had a SHO meet up.

Anyhow, I can't contribute to this thread, as mine (as of this posting) "only" has a tick over 81k on it.

But glad to see so many others clipping past that 100k benchmark and still each enjoying them.

Can't wait to see a 200k thread of similar content.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Didn't even think to mention! Shucks. I didn't have much free time anyways. Got up there about Noon on friday and left Saturday about 10am. Car show was neat. The SHO in some tunnels made some crazy noise too. LOL
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque