• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Lowering spring options

Started by 18SHO, February 19, 2019, 01:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18SHO

Can anyone tell me what lowering springs are available for the SHO besides H&R and what spring , shock , strut combo are you guys running? Can I use my PP struts and shocks with aftermarket springs?
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

I just bought a pair of H&R springs and I plan on using my PP shocks and struts with them.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

18SHO

Quote from: sm105k on February 19, 2019, 01:53:40 PM
I just bought a pair of H&R springs and I plan on using my PP shocks and struts with them.

I heard the ride can be harsh using that combo on daily driver , curious what others have used and if anything isn't as harsh
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

Quote from: 18SHO on February 19, 2019, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 19, 2019, 01:53:40 PM

I heard the ride can be harsh using that combo on daily driver , curious what others have used and if anything isn't as harsh

I don't daily mine so it won't bother me.  What exactly are you looking for?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

18SHO

Lower but maybe not so harsh, I live in NY and potholes and rough roads define the state lol
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

Quote from: 18SHO on February 19, 2019, 02:33:49 PM
Lower but maybe not so harsh, I live in NY and potholes and rough roads define the state lol

The car look 100% better when it is leveled. 

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/2016-pp-sho-looking-to-fill-wheel-wells.138877/#post-1505127

starts at post 11

802SHO

I have never felt like my ride is "harsh" with the H&R Springs.  I had some coilovers on a 94 honda accord way back in the day and that WAS pretty harsh.  But since I've had lowering springs in a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT, 94 Mustang Cobra and H&R coilovers in two different Audi's.  Everything has felt good except that Honda.  Whenever you lower a vehicle it can potentially stiffen and/or limit suspension travel.  I don't get how ppl complain about the H&R Springs in the SHO... They are so comfortable and the roads in VT can get NASTY......what are ppl comparing that experience to that concludes it "harsh"?  Its like upgrading your stock exhaust to a performance exhaust and then turning around and complaining that you can hear it...not that it's too loud...but you can hear it.  Seriously what do ppl expect?  A soft, cushion ride experience AFTER you lowered your car 1.5 inches??  I mean....😳😳😳
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

18SHO

Quote from: 802SHO on February 19, 2019, 03:08:11 PM
I have never felt like my ride is "harsh" with the H&R Springs.  I had some coilovers on a 94 honda accord way back in the day and that WAS pretty harsh.  But since I've had lowering springs in a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT, 94 Mustang Cobra and H&R coilovers in two different Audi's.  Everything has felt good except that Honda.  Whenever you lower a vehicle it can potentially stiffen and/or limit suspension travel.  I don't get how ppl complain about the H&R Springs in the SHO... They are so comfortable and the roads in VT can get NASTY......what are ppl comparing that experience to that concludes it "harsh"?  Its like upgrading your stock exhaust to a performance exhaust and then turning around and complaining that you can hear it...not that it's too loud...but you can hear it.  Seriously what do ppl expect?  A soft, cushion ride experience AFTER you lowered your car 1.5 inches??  I mean....😳😳😳

Thank you for that, I feel more confident after hearing how you feel about it especially on Vermont roads. I mean a lot of people do many are saying it's harsh and I hear that and I say damn it's gotta be pretty damn bad ! I've owned a 1985 mustang GT my first car and daily drived it for a couple years and that was rough I cannot imagine it's worse.
Best trap 113.61

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

I'm assuming you read my dedicated thread below!
FYI- Do your research and Do it wisely. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

18SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on February 20, 2019, 07:17:28 AM

Very interesting you had a rough ride then it got better with break in I see
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on February 20, 2019, 07:17:28 AM

I just read through all 10 pages.  It is very insightful.  My springs should be here soon, and I ordered camber bolts today from Amazon.  Hopefully I can have the H&R springs installed this weekend.  I will have time Saturday, but Sunday NHRA is here and I will be attending.

ZSHO

I do love the overall stiffer ride and sport handling combo and awesome sexy stance curb appeal..

Here in N.Y I do need to clench my teeth on occasion due to the rural roads and capital pothole haven here and might yield better overall results in other States,especially in warmer Climates..

The Pros outweigh the negatives by a slight margin IMHO!
If you're truly concerned about the harsh ride you may want to reconsider getting a set of NON-PP Struts and shock setup IMO before pulling the trigger especially here in N.Y as mentioned ^^^ Just some food for thought. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

I didn't know the PP shock/strut made the ride more stiff.  There are some mods you have to expect will change the way the car feels for better or worse.  Personally I hate wheel gap.  I actually would like to slam it with coilovers to tuck a little more tire but the intercooler among other things is what I'm after right now. 

If the wheel gap has improved I'm happy.  Better stance, improves handling....is all that matters to me.

SM105K

Z,

Ride won't be an issue for me.  We have pretty nice roads here in PHX.  We just deal with the heat lol.