• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What parts are available through Summit Racing?

Started by Agentlongwood, February 17, 2019, 11:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

My Dad and I just got around to exchanging Christmas presents, and I got a nice gift card for Summit Racing.  Trouble is, I didn't really see any of the parts I want on their website.  Stuff like downpipes, and that fancy new Gearhead intercooler, etc.  Are any of the usual performance parts for our platform available through Summit?  I'm hoping the answer is yes, and I just suck at finding them. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

Tools, engine oil, transmission fluid, brakes, etc is what I look to them for.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

That's where I p/up my MSD COILS.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Agentlongwood

Thanks for the input guys.  You happy with those MSD coils Z?  I kept poking around the website and found that if I search for 2014 Taurus instead of 2014 MKS there are more parts that show up.  Including Stainless Works downpipes... They "should" be the same between the 2 vehicles right?

ZSHO

They should be of the same Platform AFAIK! Z
Ford Flex/SHO Lincoln MKT/MKS.

If your in the market for a new set of Coils (COP) then the MSD Coils will certainly satisfy that department..

https://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=150&zenid=6mbtYNI8SsW7cg4tYMcna1

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Agentlongwood

oof, yeah I like the PPE downpipes you linked.  I don't believe that EcoPowerParts accepts Summit gift cards though, lol

irondoor19

Quote from: Agentlongwood on February 18, 2019, 11:04:44 AM
Thanks for the input guys.  You happy with those MSD coils Z?  I kept poking around the website and found that if I search for 2014 Taurus instead of 2014 MKS there are more parts that show up.  Including Stainless Works downpipes... They "should" be the same between the 2 vehicles right?

MSD is the way to go, you can feel it up top in the rev range, got
Mine on eBay as seconds and saved about 50 bones, found them on the Canadian web site first, then don USA, make sure u get the correct model for your year ( pins are different on 10 & 11).
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

18SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on February 18, 2019, 11:10:35 AM

If your in the market for a new set of Coils (COP) then the MSD Coils will certainly satisfy that department..

https://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=150&zenid=6mbtYNI8SsW7cg4tYMcna1

The only thing that concerns me with the MSD coils is a lot of people are saying they prematurely fail , read it a lot in reviews
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

ZSHO

Quote from: 18SHO on April 03, 2019, 06:27:44 PM

The only thing that concerns me with the MSD coils is a lot of people are saying they prematurely fail , read it a lot in reviews
Hmm Amazon!! I would take Amazons reviews with a Grain of salt IMO!
The MSD coils (COP) are by far Stellar in design and performance. Z   :)

18SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on April 03, 2019, 07:30:02 PM
Quote from: 18SHO on April 03, 2019, 06:27:44 PM

Hmm Amazon!! I would take Amazons reviews with a Grain of salt IMO!
The MSD coils (COP) are by far Stellar in design and performance. Z   :)

Well if you say so sir!
Best trap 113.61

bpd1151

Quote from: 18SHO on April 03, 2019, 06:27:44 PMThe only thing that concerns me with the MSD coils is a lot of people are saying they prematurely fail , read it a lot in reviews

I've heard grumblings too..... but my question would be, what constitutes "prematurely"??

Mileage, years in use, etc. ?

I just installed a set of the MSD's in mine. Clock's at like 81,400.

The MSD's are replacing my OEM factory originals that came with the car when it was assembled way back in the tail end of 2009.

At less than $300, & knowing how easy they are to remove/install, I guess my own thoughts on the "premature failures" would be that if need be, I'll just add it to my own stringent maintenance regimen, and swap them out say every 20 or 25k I guess.

Seem reasonable ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 03, 2019, 10:25:23 PM
Quote from: 18SHO on April 03, 2019, 06:27:44 PMThe only thing that concerns me with the MSD coils is a lot of people are saying they prematurely fail , read it a lot in reviews

I've heard grumblings too..... but my question would be, what constitutes "prematurely"??

The MSD's are replacing my OEM factory originals that came with the car when it was assembled way back in the tail end of 2009.

At less than $300, & knowing how easy they are to remove/install, I guess my own thoughts on the "premature failures" would be that if need be, I'll just add it to my own stringent maintenance regimen, and swap them out say every 20 or 25k I guess.

Seem reasonable ?

If anyone has a random wire failure, I currently have 5 extras I got for free due to a botched amazon order.

18SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 03, 2019, 10:25:23 PM

Seem reasonable ?

Bunch of guys on summit and amazon said coils failed less then one year etc but I'm gonna say screw it how many could possibly be defective out of thousands. Plus my stock ones have 6,000 miles I'll swap them back worst case scenario
Best trap 113.61

shoNoff

I've had them on my car for roughly 10k Miles now. I have not noticed one single dip in performance.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

bpd1151

@ shoNoff..... that's good news to hear / know! Thank you sir.