• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lower Deflector!

Started by ZSHO, February 09, 2019, 08:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

:jacked: . Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: sm105k on February 11, 2019, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on February 11, 2019, 01:52:51 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 11, 2019, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: TopherSho on February 11, 2019, 10:49:25 AM
Quote from: Sabtaj1 on February 11, 2019, 10:09:33 AM

Plus holes all over the oil pan area.  Damn thing still ran too.  LOL  was just a little shaky but you woulda thought it was a diesel with hoe much oil ended up coming out of it.

After buying the intercooler, and then the Extreme HPFP down the road...the only thing that would interest me in meth is cleaning the valves.
Now I HAVE to ask, who was the tuner?  PM me if you don't feel going public.  We all know that pre-DEt is bad,  but your timing must have been insanely high and did not compensate for ping when it detected it.  that is CRAZY bad levels of detonation to chuck the whole piston cap out the side...

Exactly why I refuse to use meth as secondary fuel system.  I learned my lesson many years ago with Nitrous.  Lost a fuel solenoid on a kit and ended up losing a couple of pistons.  Thank God it was just a SBE 302 with AFR Heads and a Nitrous cam, so it wasn't expensive to swap and replace the parts, it just cost me a grand because I lost the race.

With Brads tune I am not as concerned about sudden meth loss.  IIRC unless you have modified the spark behavior (how much to drop on knock;  how quick to drop; how fast to try to recover) the ECU should stop catastrophic damage with just meth.   With the meth i only run 4-5 degrees more timing,  if it drops octane suddenly i suspect the ECU would correct it extremely fast.  Brad would need to comment more ..

With purchase of the GH IC and an new Extreme HPFP, would meth even be needed anymore except for the valve cleaning properties?

Well that's probably a preference thing .. I put in the meth before the IC was available,  and the IC has yet to be fully tested long term so i am still hesitant.  BUT for me the added octane makes a big difference along with the temp drops.  i think we will see that while the IC is great for iat2, i do not think it will outright replace meth in the 105/110f summer days at the track.  i think meth will still have a reasonable edge over just the IC on track days where your in the lanes for 20 minutes before you can run and the pavement is 135f as i have IR gunned it.

lastly for me at least i cant run e20/e30 .. i cant pump my own in my state soooo i have to trust the pump jockeys and they cant even get premium right.  if i could go e20/e25/e30 i might have considered the IC,  but as long as i live here in oregon with the lack of good e85, and not pumping my own i will stick to the meth.  but i am upgrading to a alky pump and brained lines this spring.

if you can run e25/e30 with the IC .. i do not see a reason to go meth *if* you do not have it already. 

2c and all that ;)  cheers
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Sabtaj1

Well...  I didn't mean to thread jack.  Sorry....  Kinda my fault for pushing it.  Unleashed was doing the tuning.  I was pushing it on my own part with the meth and e85 mix.  The flex was consistent 12.0-12.1 @ 115-116mph with 1.76 60'...  I wanted 11's on stock turbos bad.  I was soooooo close.  But I dont think anyone has made it down to where I was in a flex yet.  I think it came down to the pump failing, It was a cold evening and hammered on it and within a split second, BOOM.  I blame myself.  But still recommend fabbing up a box to protect the pump no matter where you mount it.  Since I had two s*** out.  One no sleeve (snow) other with a sleeve (devils own) and neither backed their product.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

TopherSho

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on February 12, 2019, 01:01:51 AM
Well...  I didn't mean to thread jack.  Sorry....  Kinda my fault for pushing it.  Unleashed was doing the tuning.  I was pushing it on my own part with the meth and e85 mix.  The flex was consistent 12.0-12.1 @ 115-116mph with 1.76 60'...  I wanted 11's on stock turbos bad.  I was soooooo close.  But I dont think anyone has made it down to where I was in a flex yet.  I think it came down to the pump failing, It was a cold evening and hammered on it and within a split second, BOOM.  I blame myself.  But still recommend fabbing up a box to protect the pump no matter where you mount it.  Since I had two s*** out.  One no sleeve (snow) other with a sleeve (devils own) and neither backed their product.

Holy hell.. 1.76/12.1 in that brick!  Yeah your on the bleeding edge of power-handling.  wowzers!
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction