• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hello from NE OH

Started by Sublime_shooter, February 07, 2019, 07:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime_shooter

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 08, 2019, 05:21:18 PM
Quote from: Sublime_shooter on February 08, 2019, 09:24:24 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on February 07, 2019, 08:29:44 PM
Welcome aboard Sublime_shooter!  I think that ultimately whoever you choose will definitely wake your vehicle up.  Depending on your goals for the future.  I think propriety tunes are great and if you live within a reasonable distance then you can really do almost anything and get adequate support through dyno tunes.  For me personally I like the SCT software as it gives me more options for tunes and tuners.  I am perfectly happy with my tuner and feel no need to go else where but its cool that its still an option.  You don't need to strap down on a dyno for a bada$$ custom tune.  You don't need to travel anywhere other than your hometown and roads youre familiar with.  I feel like theres more freedom with that type of tuning software and its by no means less potent.

My goals aren't all that lofty for this ride, Just waking it up and hopefully getting rid of some factory settings I'm not all that fond of. I agree with you on the SCT software, I've used it and I'm familiar with it. And... I'm pretty sure if I go SCT, I wont even try a canned tune. It'll be straight to a custom tune.

I've been looking and haven't found anything one way or the other about being able to change the mode switches (mud/sand/snow) to say a track preference or, if tuning eliminates these modes.

Welcome Sublime!. I will say this, I can see the canned tune that SCT uses for the ecoboost and they are very incomplete and crude in my opinion and somethings just don't make sense to me. I would not waste your time flashing one to your car. I'd run stock or a custom tune.

The explorer has more drive modes so it is possible to do more with them but I would have to look at your specific strategy to see what could be done. But in theory you could set it to make one of the drive modes more aggressive among other things.

I'm going to make a final decision by the end of the week, but I'm leaning heavily towards the SCT. Summit Racing is a short trip away to buy one, but being an Authorized retailer and one of, if not THE go to tuner, would you be interested in quoting me a package deal?
14 XSport   SCT with AJP 91 octane 2bar tune.

ZSHO

Quote from: Sublime_shooter on February 11, 2019, 09:07:27 AM
Welcome aboard Sublime_shooter!  I think that ultimately whoever you choose will definitely wake your vehicle up.  Depending on your goals for the future.  I think propriety tunes are great and if you live within a reasonable distance then you can really do almost anything and get adequate support through dyno tunes.  For me personally I like the SCT software as it gives me more options for tunes and tuners.  I am perfectly happy with my tuner and feel no need to go else where but its cool that its still an option.  You don't need to strap down on a dyno for a bada$$ custom tune.  You don't need to travel anywhere other than your hometown and roads youre familiar with.  I feel like theres more freedom with that type of tuning software and its by no means less potent.

My goals aren't all that lofty for this ride, Just waking it up and hopefully getting rid of some factory settings I'm not all that fond of. I agree with you on the SCT software, I've used it and I'm familiar with it. And... I'm pretty sure if I go SCT, I wont even try a canned tune. It'll be straight to a custom tune.

I've been looking and haven't found anything one way or the other about being able to change the mode switches (mud/sand/snow) to say a track preference or, if tuning eliminates these modes.

Welcome Sublime!. I will say this, I can see the canned tune that SCT uses for the ecoboost and they are very incomplete and crude in my opinion and somethings just don't make sense to me. I would not waste your time flashing one to your car. I'd run stock or a custom tune.

The explorer has more drive modes so it is possible to do more with them but I would have to look at your specific strategy to see what could be done. But in theory you could set it to make one of the drive modes more aggressive among other things.

I'm going to make a final decision by the end of the week, but I'm leaning heavily towards the SCT. Summit Racing is a short trip away to buy one, but being an Authorized retailer and one of, if not THE go to tuner, would you be interested in quoting me a package deal?
Shoot him a Pm! Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sublime_shooter

Quote from: ZSHO on February 11, 2019, 09:48:37 AM
Quote from: Sublime_shooter on February 11, 2019, 09:07:27 AM

Shoot him a Pm! Z  :)

We are in communication, I'll be changing my sig line very soon.

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Sublime_shooter

It was an experience, but I have a tuned explorer now. Just a heads up, don't get over  excited and use wifi to download a tune in a parking lot hours from home. The tune may not program correctly and then wont return to stock leaving your car immobilized with a no start because of an ECM communication error.

Then, being a weekend... you're stuck with SCT's email only support (which I promise you don't ever want to experience) only to find out hours and hours later over two days through 20 emails, 30 minutes to over an hour apart, (all the while being at your vehicle for all this in 20 degrees weather) that they wont do anything until you can call them during regular hours M-F. Now M-F 9-3 est. it's just a matter of having wifi, your tuner, and a laptop connected, so they can remote in and force a stock file download.

802SHO

Yikes!  Sounde like quite the ordeal and I'm glad it's in the rear view....now that it's over you can spend all your time enjoying your new tune
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20