• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth leaK!

Started by ZSHO, February 06, 2019, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I'm in the finishing touches and it seems the REDHEAD is Back in Full Boost Mode! I will follow Up once complete shortly with details and all. Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I guess after much TRIAL and ERROR Found the Front Bumper (Under Cover) to be Ideal in order to remove the ALKY Meth Pump and NOT through the Wheel well liner with no access to the Pump Bracket Bolts.

FYI- I did not have to remove the Front bumper cover for INSTALL.

PICS of the Under Cover below and screws that had to be removed PRIOR.

I also chose to change the whole pump assembly and not to swap just the Head of the pump unit as mentioned previously which ultimately would of saved me some time for an easier alternate DIY..

Here's a PIC of the previous Alky Methanol Pump and a view from the Under cover when removed..

I did end up using some White Plumbers Tape for the Threads and a small Tab of  PTFE Paste on the only the Fittings as shown on below PICS.

I removed the lines (hoses) and fittings while cleaning and let soaked the Brass fittings with some WD-40 Lubricant in order to remove the excess rust and corrosion Buildup..

Here are some PICS of the new ALKY METH PUMP INSTALLED..

So far working as designed with no leaks in sight and any questions you may have feel free to ask!   :yeah:

It took me roughly a few hours to complete the install..

I will be sending the old Alky Meth pump back to Julio for a rebuild @ www.Alkycontrols.com . Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Nice job!  Back in full form!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

And the wind whispers "Ethanol.... intercooler..... "....

Nicely done!

ZSHO

It has been roughly a year since having my Alky meth pump kit installed.. The other day had no alternative but to take the vehicle to an auto car wash due to unexpected salt on the roads which I seldom do..

Today noticed a small puddle right under the front driver's side bumper and verified that the Alky pump is leaking once again. 
I guess lesson learned is To avoid Auto car washes at all costs,especially during cold winter freezing temps.  :(
I hope this helps someone out in the very near future. Z

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 02, 2020, 09:50:37 AM
It has been roughly a year since having my Alky meth pump kit installed.. The other day had no choice but to take the vehicle to an auto car wash due to unexpected salt on the roads which I seldom do..

Today noticed a small puddle right under the front driver's side bumper and verified that the Alky pump is leaking once again!   
I guess lesson learned is To avoid Auto car washes at all costs,especially during cold winter freezing temps.  :(

Interesting... maybe time to change location of the pump?

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 02, 2020, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 02, 2020, 09:50:37 AM
It has been roughly a year since having my Alky meth pump kit installed.. The other day had no choice but to take the vehicle to an auto car wash due to unexpected salt on the roads which I seldom do..

Today noticed a small puddle right under the front driver's side bumper and verified that the Alky pump is leaking once again!   

Interesting... maybe time to change location of the pump?
Original Intention was to seal up the exposed area against water intrusion and the elements.. Dunno @ the moment.Thanks SBS. Z

lamrith

Any idea what it is about the auto wash that caused the leak?  The pump is in an area that should be protected from the brush/cloth and sprayers for the most part?

Bummer she is down again, Sorry to hear it Z.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on March 02, 2020, 06:22:26 PM
Any idea what it is about the auto wash that caused the leak?  The pump is in an area that should be protected from the brush/cloth and sprayers for the most part?

Bummer she is down again, Sorry to hear it Z.
There is ONE section in that vicinity that is susceptible to water intrusion and my guess is the combo of the freezing temps and the under-carriage auto wash was not welcoming. Z

bamsho

Z is the pump itself leaking or at the fittings
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on March 02, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
Z is the pump itself leaking or at the fittings
Still need to take the internal gizzards apart. :D It's drip drip @ the moment as seen below. Thanks Brian. Z

ZSHO

I was very fortunate enough a couple of days ago to have the Failsafe feature kick in once it went into limp mode briefly followed by the flashing red led light on the Dash..
I will report back with any initial updates once removed..
Thanks everyone and be well. Z

bamsho

Wow, I didn't realize they mounted your pump that low, I mounted mine higher and towards the inner fender more.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ddlopes

I installed my pump on the passenger side in the wheel well. I just bought some thin metal plates and make it into a shelf and attached it to the frame rail. I can service it without removing the bumper. I could take more pics if you'd like. I've since went to all braided lines with an fittings.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno