• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Catch can,air/oil seperator, vent to atmosphere?

Started by Gjkrisa, February 05, 2019, 04:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD-Rugby

Damn, did you use an enforcer ( mallet )? I can't turn the damn thing lol 🙈

ZSHO

The Breather Kit is a 2 piece unit! Install the Bottom Aluminium Half First by turning it clockwise Then simply Install the TOP piece by pushing it inside the bottom half.

I then opted to secure the rubber Half with a thin 1.0 - 1.6 inch Hose clamp for good measures!   
I think you can see the Hose clamp pictured below for reference. Z

Oetiker Hose Clamp; 25-40mm (approx. 1.0 - 1.6 inch)

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/07129952113

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

HD-Rugby

It's not machined properly, it's thicker then the plastic OEM. The threads are thicker, maybe it will fit the wife's 2.3.

HD-Rugby

They sent me a new one for my 2019...very happy with it. Seeps some but glad it's not on the intake. Thank You Gentlemen

ZSHO

Quote from: HD-Rugby on October 17, 2019, 07:47:29 PM
They sent me a new one for my 2019...very happy with it. Seeps some but glad it's not on the intake. Thank You Gentlemen
That's where the hose clamp comes to play as mentioned ^^ Glad they issued another piece. Enjoy. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

HD-Rugby

Ordering this setup for my wife's 2018 eco-boost Mustang... Thanks again. The SHO seems to run differently then before. There's always something to wipe up when I get a tank of fuel. Thankfully it's not on the intake valves. Does it matter what I run, regular or hit-test for a stock tune?

ZSHO

Quote from: HD-Rugby on October 18, 2019, 08:31:23 AM
Ordering this setup for my wife's 2018 eco-boost Mustang... Thanks again. The SHO seems to run differently then before. There's always something to wipe up when I get a tank of fuel. Thankfully it's not on the intake valves. Does it matter what I run, regular or hit-test for a stock tune?
I would not worry unless there is unusual loud engine knocks especially in stock tune since the PI run regular fuel without a hitch. I would at least use 91 octane fuel to be on the safe side IMO!
If you're seeking better Mpg with a hint of performance add some Shell 93 octane fuel every other fill up for comparison!

I always like to use a top tier premium gasoline such as Shell or Chevron preferably @ a high turnover busy station. Z

Directly from owners manual

Your vehicle is designed to operate on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87.
Some fuel stations, particularly those in high altitude areas, offer fuels posted as regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating below 87. The use of these fuels could result in engine damage that will not be covered by the vehicle warranty.
For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer.
Do not be concerned if the engine sometimes knocks lightly. However, if the engine knocks heavily while using fuel with the recommended octane rating, contact an authorized dealer to prevent any engine damage.
We recommend Top Tier detergent gasolines, where available to help minimize engine deposits and maintain optimal vehicle and engine performance. For additional information, refer to www.toptiergas.com.
Note:  Use of any fuel for which the vehicle was not designed can impair the emission control system, cause loss of vehicle performance, and cause damage to the engine which may not be covered by the vehicle Warranty.

fordfanstan

So you run this breather on the left side and a catch can (like JLP) on the right side?

ZSHO

Quote from: fordfanstan on October 18, 2019, 12:44:27 PM
So you run this breather on the left side and a catch can (like JLP) on the right side?
NO OCC on my setup. This is my current Config which entails bit of cleaning every oil change. Z

SuperPete

WOW, so by installing this breather you eliminating need to catch can? AM I reading it correctly?
What happens to rest of the hoses and such that are connected now, is there installation diagram?

Thank you
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

ZSHO

Quote from: SuperPete on October 27, 2019, 01:41:14 PM
WOW, so by installing this breather you eliminating need to catch can? AM I reading it correctly?
What happens to rest of the hoses and such that are connected now, is there installation diagram?

Thank you
NO its an alternative for the front Clean side Sep! Its the rear catch can that collects the majority of the oils contaminants when compared to the Front CSS which collects roughly 20% of all the generated excessive blowby on the GTDI! Z