• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brand new Ford Longblock, TSB 15-0086 valve cover applied?

Started by Gofspar, July 11, 2019, 11:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofspar

Bought a dud used 2010 SHO that had a blown turbo, then dropped a ring into the pan after 1000 miles, ended up putting a brand new set of turbos on and ordering a brand new Ford long block and had a bud with a shop throw everything together now everything runs great but am still curious if it has the new valve covers installed. I called the dealership I ordered the long block from and they said they had no clue. Is there a visual difference from the original valve cover and the updated one? or will I have to just have to order the new valve cover and figure it out myself?
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gofspar

Do you know if theres a visual difference I can spot without removing the valve cover?
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

SHOdded

They probably changed the baffling, so changes would be on the inside.  MIGHT be a part number on the outside but from the looks of these pics it is on the inside ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gofspar

Quote from: SHOdded on July 12, 2019, 12:04:13 AM
They probably changed the baffling, so changes would be on the inside.  MIGHT be a part number on the outside but from the looks of these pics it is on the inside ...
That's what I thought too.
bummer.