• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Saw a Potential Upgraded Transmission on FB

Started by Moisme33, January 31, 2019, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moisme33

Today I was browsing through the ecoboostperformance forum facebook page and I saw a post from a user named Nick Olson claiming that an upgraded transmission is coming out this year. Was wondering if anyone else knows about this or if this is just wishful thinking?

Link to the post: https://bit.ly/2HL4p9b

nickstewartroc

Seems to be the real deal. I've been following him for the past couple of months. Came out with new torque mounts, has upgraded and billet torque converters, coming out with a built transmission AND built PTU, has ported and upgraded throttle bodies. Pretty cool to see some new stuff coming out by him
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Stonej97

I am very interested in this as my transmission is letting go, it slips going into 3rd and takes a while to get into reverse. I think it's the wave plate in the transmission. Sadly i cannot add methanol or three bar map till i get the transmission fixed.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP
Current mods: Afe Intake, Unleashed Tuning

Moisme33

Yeah I figured I would post this for others who don't have Facebook who wouldn't have saw this and also for those that didn't know about it. So far I have only seen a few others on this forum that attempted to get a beefed up transmission developed to no avail due to the significant dollars for r+d and our small market. Honestly I have been losing hope that a stronger option for us with SHOs, Flexes, and MKS's would ever come to be so I hope this actually happens.

-Mo-

SHOdded

Don't bank on upgraded products until an actual release is available.  Been down this garden path before with many a vendor on this very forum.  Eyes wide open, and hoping for the best :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

I hope this is the case.  This platform need a good trans and PTU upgrade.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ClearwaterSHO

Heard there was an upgraded PTU in the works as well, but haven't seen anything more on that other than FB posts and heresy.  The Trans looks legit.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

ZSHO

FWIW I guess we could only hope and pray! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Moisme33

I wonder if this happens what the potential torque it could take? Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder what the max power output of our transverse ecoboost engine can take? Anyone ever use an engine dyno to stress test the engine to see when it pops? If so, what is the weakest part of the engine?

SHOdded

Livernois would be able to answer these questions better than anybody. Bpd1151 also posted some insight on the stock block some time back.  I think 700 crank HP was the Ford estimate.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Nick Olson has been scamming people for quite awhile.

He resells BBK TB's as his own..

He did not develope the upgraded mounts..someone else did.

There is no billet torque converter, the picture posted is the old style.

There is no billet PTU.

There is no transmission upgrades.

Nick Olson has blown two motors in his Lincoln and claims to have an upgraded short block from LMS now. Yet the guy can't pay the people who have helped him install his coil overs....

He runs "Cold Air Spark Plugs" according to his pod cast...

Nick maybe talking to Circle D (who makes the torque converters) and god knows who else about getting upgraded stuff. But it's all vapor ware... he claims to have a Taurus already built with the billet PTU but has no proof...

Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Back to my hole.

Jordan

Agree. ^ with my run ins with Nick all he is is a middle man for somebody elses products. We've seen 0 real pictures of anything but the really marked up bored out mustang throttle bodies. Only thing I have actually seen him do was maybe some powder coating. Dude never did any of the work on his car in the last year and couldn't differentiate a spark plug from an air filter this time last year. Not saying people can't learn, but he is far from what a lot of people will say he is.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Moisme33

Thank you for pointing that out SBS and Jordan. I wasn't aware of all of those things so it is definitely good to know. I knew it would be too good to be true when I saw the facebook post, but I will still hold out hope that some trans upgrade will make its way to our platform. Heck even a hard parts kit would be nice.

J-Will

What am I missing here? There's no mention that this is going to be built to hold more HP, only that it'll have better cooling. Which is fine I guess, but nothing that's going to give me a chubby.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

JagerBomb

Just to update, N. O. fell off facebook and had a falling out with other for not being a good dude. there is definitely some sideways work with him unfortunately.
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!