• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hawk Street 5.0 Brake Pads!

Started by ZSHO, January 30, 2019, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads. Z

$110.49 FRONT- HB826B.708
Replaces Original (OE) Part DG1Z2001C

$107.88 REAR -HB827B.653
Replaces Original (OE) Part DG1Z2200C

Pushing The Limits Of ABS
Decreased Stopping Distances
Improved Pedal Feel
Minimal Fade Under Higher Temps
High Friction/Torque Hot Or Cold
Gentle On Rotors
Very Quiet Low Noise
Improved Braking Over OE Pads
Extended Pad Life
Series: High Performance Street 5.0
Friction Material: Ferro-Carbon
Finish: Black Powder Coat
Dust Rating: Low
Driving Style: Performance / Racing

https://www.carid.com/2013-ford-taurus-brakes/hawk-high-performance-street-5-0-brake-pads-832542412.html

https://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Performance-HB826B-708-Brake-Pad/dp/B0799KTCRV

Their products provide improved braking, increased fade resistance and superior pad and rotor life for high performance brake applications. Hawk Performance also manufactures an extensive line of motorsport brake products for virtually any form of racing. All Hawk Performance brake pads are 100% asbestos, lead, chromium, cadmium and antimony free and manufactured in ISO certified facilities. To ensure the utmost effective performance, all Hawk Performance rotors and pads are subjected to rigorous testing on brake dynamometers designed to accurately simulate real world applications - from professional racetracks with speeds in excess of 200 MPH to off-track street driving applications at speeds below 30 MPH.
Hitting the rev Limiter just took on a whole new meaning with Hawk Performance's high performance street 5.0. For years engine builders have been pushing motors to the limits of their ability, and at Hawk performance We continue to get one step closer to the ABS rev Limiter. High performance street 5.0 is one step closer to giving you the greatest stopping power and pedal feel for your vehicle without compromising your ABS. Too much brake torque and your ABS goes into ice mode, too little and there is no improvement to the product. Pedal feedback, noise, brake torque and dust control was our goal with high performance street 5.0. Not a replacement for our current HPS product, but a change that allows the driver to challenge themselves and their car with a new and unique driving feel. High performance street 5.0 disc brake pads are designed to be the premium replacement pad for your American Muscle sports car, German or Italian touring Sedan, tuner market, light truck and SUV with over 1900 vehicle applications offered. The new high performance street 5.0 pads are a Ferro-Carbon compound brake pads that provide advanced braking characteristics to enhance the driving experience. This new compound combines the safety and quality of aerospace design partnered with the braking technology of Motorsports, the results are shorter stopping distances, improved performance under heavy braking conditions and street car friendly characteristics. Hawk performance high performance street 5.0 pads offer more stopping power and get resistance to brake fade, elevating your street car's performance. This makes them more responsive and durable than most standard original Brakes and makes Hawk performance high performance street 5.0 pads the best choice to increase your braking performance and reliability.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Ferro-carbon?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 30, 2019, 07:34:50 PM
Ferro-carbon?

I believe there made from Ferro-Carbon similar to the Motorcraft IIRC. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on January 30, 2019, 09:01:33 PM
Ferro-carbon?

What is ferro-carbon?

ZSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 31, 2019, 12:45:26 AM
Ferro-carbon?

What is ferro-carbon?

I will need to check and confirm. Z

SHOdded

A form of steel with a very high concentration of carbon (approximately 10%).  WIKIPEDIA

Ferro-Carbon 2 Brake Pads

Ferro-carbon offers a step up from performance ceramic brake pads. These are included in the top end of high performance brakes and often used in aggressive street/ mild track use. Manufactured for severe-duty friction, Ferro-carbon provides between 20 to 40 percent more stopping power and a high resistance to brake fade. The pads also produce moderate dust. Proper break in is required for maximum performance with this type of pad.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on January 31, 2019, 06:23:42 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 31, 2019, 12:45:26 AM
Ferro-carbon?

What is ferro-carbon?

Sure NoT SPAM bot! LoL.Z
Yes I did look it up but all I got was how it was better didn't think to go-to Wikipedia and makes sense I think they call steel shavings ferro shavings

ZSHO

FYI- These Hawk 5.0 Brake pads are compatible with the 13+SHO with the performance package and since i'm in the market for some new pads will probably give these a shot once it warms up a bit prior to Spring.

The FRONT PADS only fit the PP-SHO..
THE REAR PADS Due fit both the 13+ PP & NON-PP AFAIK. Z

https://www.carid.com/hawk/high-performance-street-5-0-brake-pads.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sX8n1A0tSij8J-3ilx_dbhOAGfEvSrF6/view?usp=drivesdk

FRONT

REAR

SPECS

ZSHO

I placed an order for a set of the new HAWK 5.0 Brake pads for RED and will provide my initial impressions versus the stock Motorcraft PP Pads once installed and now in search for some Rotors in Prep for Spring Track meetups!  Z

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HAWK-HPS-5-0-Brake-Pad-Sets-Performance-Vehicle-Fitment-See-Descr-HB826B-708/263892401405?epid=250633978&hash=item3d71367cfd:g:8agAAOSwJK9bfHwo:rk:1:pf:0

BlueSHO

No love for the non pp SHO's..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOdded

Should be able to use the same pads, no?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I contacted the Seller to confirm verify fitment Prior! Z

BTW New pads came in today and hopefully they live up to their expectations.
Couple of PICS Below.

Vehicle Fitment Application Guide:

2013-2016 Lincoln MKS 3.5 V6
2013-2017 Ford Flex 3.5 V6 Heavy Duty Brakes
2013-2016 Lincoln MKT 3.7 V6 Heavy Duty Brakes
2014-2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.5 V6
2013-2016 Lincoln MKS 3.7 V6
2013-2014 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5 V6 Turbocharged
2013-2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.7 V6
2013-2016 Lincoln MKT 3.5 V6 Heavy Duty Brakes
2013-2017 Ford Flex 3.5 V6 Heavy Duty Brakes
2013-2016 Ford Police Interceptor Sedan 3.7 V6
2013-2017 Ford Explorer 3.5 V6 Heavy Duty Brakes
2013-2016 Ford Police Interceptor Sedan 3.5 V6
2013-2016 Lincoln MKT 2 4L Heavy Duty Brakes
2013-2015 Ford Explorer 2 4L Heavy Duty Brakes
2016-2017 Ford Explorer 2.3 4L Heavy Duty Brakes
2013-2017 Ford Explorer 3.5 V6 Heavy Duty Brakes
2014-2016 Ford Special Service Police Sedan 2 4L
2015-2016 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5 V6 Turbocharged

ZSHO

The seller replied and Based on the manufacturer's data, this only says it fits the Ford Taurus SHO as noted in our listing, and does not include any additional notes regarding the performance package..Z

Have you tried reaching out to HAWK directly? If not, they can be reached at 800-542-0972.

BlueSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 07, 2019, 02:10:04 AM
Should be able to use the same pads, no?
Looks like they will fit my 16 non PP SHO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

r1crusher

Just an FYI....the OE part numbers look to have been superseded (for the front at least).  Not sure why the rears look like an older P/N...at least according to Tasca's website.

Front:
Non-PP - DG1Z-2001-F
PP - GB5Z-2001-A

Rear:
Non-PP and PP - DG1Z-2200-B

I was trying to get an idea of price difference between OE PP pads and these Hawk pads...which are nearly double the price of OE PP.  I'm just DD'ing my car for the most part with some spirited back road driving a few high speed runs mixed in.

Please by all means correct me if what I found is wrong.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport