• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gearhead SHO/Flex Intercooler Install Video

Started by mattr66, January 28, 2019, 04:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadfoot

Quote from: avidmotion on June 17, 2019, 07:50:47 PM
I recalibrated my SHO, unfortunately with a MKS/Flex hybrid calibration in which 4 of the adapter plates were slightly off center, but with a bamboo punch I was able to reconfigure the main and positive straight wires with just enough room to establish a neutral resonance. This did not cause any distruption in the Gearhead intercooler interface even after adding .37% more volts via the more pliable conduit. Hope this helps...

Made me think about the Turbo encabulaor :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk_QxHQHM1s
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

ZSHO

FYI- I guess better late than never but removed my Intercooler from underneath the vehicle! If you have access to a lift you can remove the IC from underneath the vehicle by first removing the Condenser,cooling Fans and then the Intercooler which ultimately will cut the Install time by almost Half! Z  :)

BTW Once again Big Thanks to Matt over Gearhead for the awesome upgraded IC!   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Agentlongwood

That's pretty interesting Z.  I don't have a lift so I couldn't use that method.  But I am interested in learning what all you did.  What steps do you skip that save you so much time?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ZSHO

I used a buddys lift which made life much easier as everything essentially slid out of place from underneath when compared to pulling the Condensor and Intercooler plus cooling Fans from up TOP of the engine!

I still had to remove the bumper cover and (Passengers side) headlight assembly which was pretty much straightforward besides some broken miscellaneous clip pieces.

I think it took me roughly 3.5 hrs time with assistance from a buddy of mine for bumper removal/install. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|