• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fiesta ST

Started by StealBlueSho, January 26, 2019, 06:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So I purchased a Fiesta for DD'ing as the SHO's have always been more of a project/fun car for me... HOWEVER!

I love driving this stupid little Fiesta.. so much so that I am looking at another project car.. a Fiesta ST.. A quick glance at the aftermarket shows quite a bit of promise... The parts for these cars are pretty inexpensive and low 12's (12.1 - 12.2) are quite obtainable with a bit of work.. fully built motors are not expensive either plus easier to install than our beasts...

In any event... I might start looking at a new build soon.. whether I keep the SHO or not has yet to be decided..

bpd1151

They are quite the lil pocket rockets for sure.

Whenever my eldest returns home from college with her '15 Fiesta titanium, Wife and I always bribe her to drive it, by saying we'll fill up her tank for her (which ain't much lemme tell 'ya).

The wife giggles saying it's akin to piloting a go kart. She loves it. As do I.

They are a blast.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Sweet that the Fiesta has turned out well for you, SBS :D  Keep us in da loop!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

I didn't know they capable of performing that well.  Its definitely a powerful little car and I can see the appeal...in a straight line and cornering must be equally impressive.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

nickstewartroc

If you haven't already, come check us out over at https://www.fiestastforum.com
I ended up trading my SHO in on a 2016 FiST 3 years ago
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

StealBlueSho

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 26, 2019, 10:01:56 PM
If you haven't already, come check us out over at https://www.fiestastforum.com
I ended up trading my SHO in on a 2016 FiST 3 years ago

Thanks perusing it now... lots of info!

bpd1151

SM105K

I was looking at Fiesta ST for a daily beater, I fit better in an Focus ST. I am very interested to see what you do with it once your purchase the FiST.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

4sfed

Do the tuners who frequent this board, tune these too?  Or should people look to the fiesta boards for tuners?
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 27, 2019, 11:09:05 AM
Here's a used one in VA. already modded up a bit. 41k on the clock

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efiestastforum%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D19548&share_tid=19548&share_fid=74193&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Funny you posted this one... I had checked it out earlier online. Thanks for the link!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 4sfed on January 28, 2019, 11:06:23 AM
Do the tuners who frequent this board, tune these too?  Or should people look to the fiesta boards for tuners?

I don't see mention of many other tuners over there that are over here... I see COBB, MOUNTUNE, and a few others I am not familiar with. Livernois does tune them as well, and based on the feedback from the forum, a lot of people are impressed with it. I wonder if my MyTouch could be swapped from the SHO to the Fiesta ST..

nickstewartroc

For the most part, the ST community goes with the Accessport and tuners that support them. Most people that I have seen go with other tune devices end up with an accessport one way or another. Some of the more known tuners are Tune+, JST, and Mountune
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

shoNoff

SBS make sure a fwd big power car is really what you want. I've owned 2 of them and both times after building them and was like wtf did I do. It's honestly like having a super model wife with AIDS. The only real fun of it is roll racing. Other then that every part of a big power fwd stinks if you ask me. You can't drag race totally useless platform there you can't road race all you do is spin out of every turn. To each their own im a firm believer of that. Just make sure it's teally what you want to build.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on January 28, 2019, 02:40:00 PM
SBS make sure a fwd big power car is really what you want. I've owned 2 of them and both times after building them and was like wtf did I do. It's honestly like having a super model wife with AIDS. The only real fun of it is roll racing. Other then that every part of a big power fwd stinks if you ask me. You can't drag race totally useless platform there you can't road race all you do is spin out of every turn. To each their own im a firm believer of that. Just make sure it's teally what you want to build.

LOL!! I have had FWD cars that produced more power than the suspension could handle. Getting off the line sucked.. and throwing slick on it almost promised something was gonna break...

I am considering it from an AutoX standpoint. There is an AutoX club at work and it sounds like a lot of fun.

shoNoff

The only fwd I ever had that handled slicks like it was it's job was a neon Srt-4. I made maybe 500-600 passes in that car at over 500whp and never broke an axle. But again running 11.1 @ 133mph really sucks. Especially when I owned a fox body mustang at the same time that ran 10.7's @ 125mph. I will say one thing though. When a someone wanted to run on the highway and your wastegate opened and your tires spun at 70. They really didn't want to run you any more lmao. A fiesta with 350-400whp would be a monster to handle on the street. I don't care what mounts you buy that thing will be hoping around like the Easter bunny on launch
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile