• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hello from Cleveland!

Started by Moisme33, January 26, 2019, 05:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moisme33

Hello SHOwners,

Been a member here for a while now but never made an intro on here, kinda been more of a lurker here haha. At any rate, I have a black 2011 Ford Taurus SHO that I have had for a year and a half now.
Only mods I have so far are H&R Springs, MSD coils and a drop in non-oiled filter from AEM. I plan to do more mods come spring time so prepare for some questions then!
So a little about me:
I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area and work on software for a living. My hobbies are computers/tech, reptile keeping, and making dart frog vivariums. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

-Mo-

ZSHO

Welcome aboard Moisme33! Due post some Pics of your SHO @ your earliest convenience. How many miles on your SHO! No tune to your Mod list! Only a suggestion but if your looking for a solid tune you can always shoot our in house Tuner AJPTURBO a Pm or hopefully he will chime in soon. Glad to have you on board and any questions you may have feel free to ask. Z   :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, Moisme33, and thank you for stepping out of the shadows :D  Good solid mods on your SHO, I do like the AEM DryFlow products, a bit more oomph but a lot more sound!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Welcome to the community MO!  Thank you for the intro.  Before I became a member I used to read a lot from this forum as it was almost always the first option in my Google searches about my SHO.  A lot of great information and great people here!  Gotta love it.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Moisme33

ZSHO: I definitely plan on putting a tune in come spring time, but I've been slowly getting the suspension squared away first before I add any power mods. I did the msd ignition coils when I did the 100000 mile service because my car has 101,500ish miles and is my daily driver. I will post pictures once the weather gets a bit warmer and I can give her a good wash.

SHOdded: Yup, always fun to here the engine breathe a bit better. The old filter that came with the car when I bought was verrry dirty so I figured the dry flow was better for now than a regular paper replacement. Once I start power mods I will probably switch to a CAI.

So far I haven't had any real problems with the car until recently where after a the minus degree weather on Friday, the steering column was locked up. I will post in the forums where appropriate because maybe someone else has had the issue I experienced after a minus degree day.

Nice to meet you folks,
-Mo-

AJP turbo

Moisme33 thanks for lurking you creep lol...Unless you want sound you could just install a drop in K&N filter. Modern OEM intakes are essentially cold air kits as they draw air from an outside source and the filter box is 100% sealed....Many aftermarket boxes are not. But you still can get gains due to the larger higher flowing filter...So a drop in filter will give you most of the gains minus the sound if you don't need it.

A good tune from various companies for this car has to be one of the highest value than probably anything out there...Electronically controlled factory turbo cars have to be the best to tune!

I'm near Pittsburgh so welcome from the east coast.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Moisme33

Definitely will keep that in mind on the airbox since I really like the sleeper aspect when it comes to vehicles. When it comes to upgrading my exhaust, I want a high-flow system, but not so loud. Think I will piece together a magnaflo system that polskifacet, I think that's his username, made since his sounds similar to what I am looking for. Also will install helmholtz resonators to eliminate drone.

PDSHO

Greetings, enjoy your stay.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

glock-coma

Welcome from Parma neighbor!!
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Moisme33

Glock-oma, hello! Good to see there are some other cleveland area locals on here. I do see a few SHO's around the westside of town from time to time. Hope you are staying warm!!