• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013+ intercooler install?

Started by StealBlueSho, January 14, 2019, 04:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco2fan

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on January 14, 2019, 08:28:07 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 14, 2019, 07:47:51 PM
Quote from: Bronco2fan on January 14, 2019, 07:45:06 PM
I saw on the Ecoboost Facebook page that they have a group buy for the new cooler. Is that the one you're getting or different suppliers? Looks like a quality product.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

It's not a group buy. Gearhead is finally shipping their upgraded IC this week. I know myself, Jordan, and BPD1151 placed orders.

Hopefully will have time next week for install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do we place an order???????????????????????????

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I would think you'd have to get a hold of Gearhead and go from there.

I know they're on the Facebook group for sure.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

802SHO

Email Sales@GHTuning.Com.  In the subject line put SHO Intercooler Order.  Include your full name, shipping address...which needs to match your billing address and a contact number.  Its 799 + about 75 shipping.  This was posted by Jordan in the New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5 Ecoboost OP
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Oh my...... I was woken to the dogs barking, the door bell ringing just now.

Upon heading to the front door, low and behold, Santa arrived with a late package for me.

A brand spanking new and improved IC from GH!

Beastly she is. Packaged so well that I'm afraid to remove her entirely from its packaging.

I've amassed quite the collection of aftermarket performance parts these last 6mo.'s or so......

Looks like I'll be pestering my mechanic pal for some lift time the Spring.

Exciting somehow downplays my enthusiasm at this newest offering for our platform!

Thanks to Matt and his entire crew over at Gearhead for continuing down that mod path and remaining committed to this product development for over 2yrs now!

Nice to see this having come to fruition!

Bravo fellas, bravo!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 17, 2019, 11:22:45 AM
Oh my...... I was woken to the dogs barking, the door bell ringing just now.

Upon heading to the front door, low and behold, Santa arrived with a late package for me.

A brand spanking new and improved IC from GH!

Beastly she is. Packaged so well that I'm afraid to remove her entirely from its packaging.

I've amassed quite the collection of aftermarket performance parts these last 6mo.'s or so......

Looks like I'll be pestering my mechanic pal for some lift time the Spring.

Exciting somehow downplays my enthusiasm at this newest offering for our platform!

Thanks to Matt and his entire crew over at Gearhead for continuing down that mod path and remaining committed to this product development for over 2yrs now!

Nice to see this having come to fruition!

Bravo fellas, bravo!

So beautiful . Never thought I would see this moment. A special intercooler developed for our beloved sho platform. The one major performance hindrance; solved.

Any chance you could measure the core thickness? I'm curious as to how much additional volume/ area this new intercooler affords over stock. I think the stock IC is 1.25" in thickness.

bpd1151

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on January 17, 2019, 05:00:47 PMAny chance you could measure the core thickness? I'm curious as to how much additional volume/ area this new intercooler affords over stock. I think the stock IC is 1.25" in thickness.

Apologize for the delay, as I was working the last couple of nights.

Anyhow, just went out and measured it now.....

A full TWO INCHES thick.

Jordan

Two inches eh? I am familiar with that! Hahaha jokes aside I am trying to assemble my buds together to film the install for those of y'all who haven't received/installed yours. Probably going to be a few days between filming, editing and posting. Supposed to get some bad weather here tonight so that may put a slight hold on those plans.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

I think I mentioned this a while back and believe the alternative IC Core Thickness (In) is 1-3/16 = 0.1875" FWIW.  Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,cooling+system,intercooler,12616

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

That IC is packaged way better than my wife’s new Jeep radiator. I’m on my second one shipped to me as first had holes in box and a broken part on bottom of radiator. This one looks ok, but I, going to get it tested before letting Quadratec off the hook. I’d be interested to see the install video/photos and also before and after temps when pushed hard.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 18, 2019, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: mrhighcaliber on January 17, 2019, 05:00:47 PMAny chance you could measure the core thickness? I'm curious as to how much additional volume/ area this new intercooler affords over stock. I think the stock IC is 1.25" in thickness.

A full TWO INCHES thick.

...good looking out. After working out the math; the new IC Core works out to an exact 60% density increase over the OEM IC. My mental dynamometer is pegging quite an increase in AWHP and increased safety margin from lower i.a.t temps. Super Excited over 2inchs (no homo)

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: Sbouvia on January 19, 2019, 09:26:38 AM
That IC is packaged way better than my wife's new Jeep radiator. I'm on my second one shipped to me as first had holes in box and a broken part on bottom of radiator. This one looks ok, but I, going to get it tested before letting Quadratec off the hook. I'd be interested to see the install video/photos and also before and after temps when pushed hard.
Looks like they bowl'd it to your doorstep from a moving delivery truck. Efficient delivery

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on January 19, 2019, 08:24:43 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on January 18, 2019, 01:14:56 PM

A full TWO INCHES thick.

...good looking out. After working out the math; the new IC Core works out to an exact 60% density increase over the OEM IC. My mental dynamometer is pegging quite an increase in AWHP and increased safety margin from lower i.a.t temps. Super Excited over 2inchs (no homo)

Matt said it also has a 20% increase in volume.. which is a big part of the reason you need to be tuned correctly for it. Otherwise, you will can potentially get underboost conditions which will trip a CEL.

ddlopes

Can hot pipes still be used with this intercooler? And does anyone know how many hrs the install will be? I may need to bring the sho to a shop for this install.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

FYI - The Hose fittings should be in stock Formation and would not be an issue with Hotpipes AFAIK!

I believe Jordan was kind enough to produce an install video which should be released momentarily based on his most recent post. Z

[Courtesy of Jordan]

1- Inlet 2 /9/16

2 -Outlet 1 15/16

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|