• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013+ intercooler install?

Started by StealBlueSho, January 14, 2019, 04:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Anyone have the alldata or ford documents documenting the steps to swap the intercooler? I'm sure I could just figure it out, but any documentation would be nice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

1.  Book trip to dentist.
2.  Specify tooth removal, sans anesthesia
3.  Wheel into the garage, ready to work on the SHO.

Removal and Installation

NOTICE: Whenever turbocharger air intake system components are removed, always cover open ports to protect from debris. It is important that no foreign material enter the system. The turbocharger compressor vanes are susceptible to damage from even small particles. All components should be inspected and cleaned, if necessary, prior to installation or reassembly.

Remove the radiator. For additional information, refer to Section 303-03 .
Remove the CAC .
Inspect and install a new CAC adapter gasket, if necessary.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on January 14, 2019, 07:32:57 PM
1.  Book trip to dentist.
2.  Specify tooth removal, sans anesthesia
3.  Wheel into the garage, ready to work on the SHO.

Removal and Installation

NOTICE: Whenever turbocharger air intake system components are removed, always cover open ports to protect from debris. It is important that no foreign material enter the system. The turbocharger compressor vanes are susceptible to damage from even small particles. All components should be inspected and cleaned, if necessary, prior to installation or reassembly.

Remove the radiator. For additional information, refer to Section 303-03 .
Remove the CAC .
Inspect and install a new CAC adapter gasket, if necessary.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Thanks SHOdded! You have section 303-03? ;-)

nickstewartroc

Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Bronco2fan

I saw on the Ecoboost Facebook page that they have a group buy for the new cooler. Is that the one you're getting or different suppliers? Looks like a quality product.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Bronco2fan on January 14, 2019, 07:45:06 PM
I saw on the Ecoboost Facebook page that they have a group buy for the new cooler. Is that the one you're getting or different suppliers? Looks like a quality product.

It's not a group buy. Gearhead is finally shipping their upgraded IC this week. I know myself, Jordan, and BPD1151 placed orders.

Hopefully will have time next week for install.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Bronco2fan

That's right, now that you mention it. Well I hope between you all we get some good install info and tips. Then I'll order mine lol.

2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

SHOdded

??? that's what I get for making things TOO easy.  LOL.

Jordan

I just want to point out real quick that the instructions that say you only need to remove the radiator to remove the CAC is not correct. You have to pull off the bumper to pull the condenser radiator off the the front of the CAC. It's a couple bolts and you lift it off to pull it off the CAC. You can't get the intercooler our without doing that to my knowledge.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 14, 2019, 07:47:51 PM
Quote from: Bronco2fan on January 14, 2019, 07:45:06 PM

It's not a group buy. Gearhead is finally shipping their upgraded IC this week. I know myself, Jordan, and BPD1151 placed orders.

Hopefully will have time next week for install.

How do we place an order???????????????????????????

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Jordan

However if you want to not mess with the radiator at all you can remove the bumper, headlights, unbolt the crash bar, break the two pinch welds on driver or passenger side and bend that out. Unbolt AC radiator, remove the radiator/cac/ac radiator shroud and then pull out the CAC and replace. Throw everything back in without having to drain the radiator.

Couple different ways to go about doing this. Also how I found out my car had been in a little bump... lol

Jordan

Welp want to add that in the radiator removal section they state you have to remove the front bumper lol

Jordan

Sorry to keep posting extra comments I am attaching the specific needed information for the CAC swap except for refilling the radiator and bleeding it to save yall from having to dig yourself. This is a ZIP file containing 3 word documents.