• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink MX+ and 2018 SHO

Started by SHOhobo, January 13, 2019, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOhobo

Hey All...got a MX+ recently and had issues connecting to my 2018 SHO non-pp using their OBDLink App.  Here is the OBD protocol to select if u have issues while trying to use the OBDLink app.

Settings > Communications > OBD-II Protocol > ISO 15765-4 (11 bit ID, 500 Kbaud).

This may be obvious to some but being a rookie..not so obvious to me and it took two weeks for their Developers to figure it out.  A picture of the OBD port sent to them was the clue that cracked the case.

Thx to ZSHO and particularly to SHOdded for his advice and direction via PM.  You guys are the best!
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

SHOdded

Appreciate the feedback, will propagate the info to those in need :thumb: :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I appreciate the kind words and your much to kind!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|