• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Something different?

Started by StealBlueSho, January 12, 2019, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

What you decide to do, obviously is your choice and we'll all support you no matter what.  I like to look at other options from time to time myself...maybe it's the duration of time with one particular car that leads to a little less interest in it.  More like sporadic spurts of boredom.  When I look at other cars its fun and exciting ...feels just as though I'm really looking to buy.  Perhaps that satisfies our need for excitement at the time.  I cant say this though, every time I've gone through a spurt....I always end up with a new sense of pride for my SHO and new found excitement to take it a step further.  As Ive found, nothing out there seems to scream that it will be more fun and exciting to drive than the SHO...for a comparible price point of ownership and modification/performance, costs/maintenance.  Once I think about the extra money it would take to make another car perform simularly ...or just to own...for those cars that will outperform but the price is much more...that extra money?  Well I could do this, this, and this to the SHO with that money...then my SHO would be..even better!  So for me because the SHO performs so damn well....it really is hard to compete with that...along with how affordable it is to obtain ownership and perform maintenance + mods. 

Whatever you decide to do will be exciting non the less but if you decide to keep the SHO I'll understand!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

PDSHO

I had a BMW 550M throttling me the other day, It was slick out with heavy traffic so I ignored him.
Found out later my stock EB probably shouldn't play anyhow!
12.3 1/4 mi. 3.9 0-60, 459 hp TT V-8, 4300# AWD.
I wouldn't want to make the payment!

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

TopherSho

I have been tempted to go with a Charger build-up.  Take a AWD Police cruiser with the 5.7,  then drop in a belt driven turbo.   With mild boost its very low 12's with and exhaust and little else on pump gas.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

802SHO

See thats what I mean, if you look purely at performance, the SHO can do all of that too and then some.  The BMW 550M power can be beat by a SHO with some mods easy, the AWD Charger with a supercharger can also get beat by a SHO with a simular simple recipe of mods. 

Its not all about performance and thank God the SHO is fairly appealing look wise for these latest generations.  But performance wise a lot of other great cars out there would be a downgrade IMHO.  And like the Charger build, you wouldn't be buying an AWD V8 Charger for its current stock form...the platform is what youre after.  AWD 5.7 V8.  So for you buying one would be for the sole purpose of customizing it to make it better.  That's exactly why I wanted a SHO.  I never had an intention of keeping it stock.  I wanted the platform.  When I took mine for a test drive at the Dealer, he asked me, "So, are you a Ford guy"?  "I like Ford but I'm not a Ford guy.  I'm a twin turbo, 3.5 liter V6 guy with an AWD transmission.  This just also happens to be a Ford". 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

autobahn terror

Quote from: 802SHO on January 16, 2019, 04:50:23 AM
See thats what I mean, if you look purely at performance, the SHO can do all of that too and then some.  The BMW 550M power can be beat by a SHO with some mods easy, the AWD Charger with a supercharger can also get beat by a SHO with a simular simple recipe of mods. 

Its not all about performance and thank God the SHO is fairly appealing look wise for these latest generations.  But performance wise a lot of other great cars out there would be a downgrade IMHO.  And like the Charger build, you wouldn't be buying an AWD V8 Charger for its current stock form...the platform is what youre after.  AWD 5.7 V8.  So for you buying one would be for the sole purpose of customizing it to make it better.  That's exactly why I wanted a SHO.  I never had an intention of keeping it stock.  I wanted the platform.  When I took mine for a test drive at the Dealer, he asked me, "So, are you a Ford guy"?  "I like Ford but I'm not a Ford guy.  I'm a twin turbo, 3.5 liter V6 guy with an AWD transmission.  This just also happens to be a Ford".

Well Said, and exactly the same reason I went with the SHO as well; its very hard to develop a platform like this that checks all those boxes And is fairly affordable...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on January 16, 2019, 04:50:23 AM

Exactly.  I wanted the platform as well.  For the price of a tuner, E30 tune, K&N drop in, and some 542's (less then $800 dollars), my car went 12.56 at 109.  I probably would have went a 12.3X @112 if the boost reference line would have stayed secured.  I have no doubt with the intercooler and DP's my SHO will go into the 11's at full weight. 

So roughly with less then $2500 (tuner, tune, intercooler, and DP's) in mods and a purchase price of $20,900, I would find it hard pressed to find another 4 door fully loaded sedan that has the potential of running 11's for less than 25K. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

I believe I payed close to 37K for a brand spanking new SHO back on 8/13 with 2 miles on the OD which has a build date of 11/12!
Not to much can be had especially @ this price point with almost every feature option when compared to some of the higher end cars IMO!
Best bang for your buck period! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on January 16, 2019, 12:00:58 PM
I believe I payed close to 37K for a brand spanking new SHO back on 8/13 with 2 miles on the OD which has a build date of 11/12!
Not to much can be had especially @ this price point with almost every feature option when compared to some of the higher end cars IMO! Z

Agreed 100%. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Agentlongwood

If you're a TT V6 guy then check out the CTS-Vsport.  Not the CTS-V.  The V sport has a 420hp twin turbo 3.6 liter V6.  It's also got a well regarded Aisin transmission.  You can even get a pretty dang nice interior in a modern Caddy.  Much nicer than a SHO/MKS anyway.  And of course it can be tuned as well... So you can always mod for more power, and it weights WAY less than a SHO, and handles much better.  Don't think it has an AWD option though, but on the upside, it's RWD and the motor is mounted the correct direction, instead of sideways.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

The V's have nice interiors?  Cadillac has turned things around LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Agentlongwood

Well maybe I'm just easily impressed.  My 2014 MKS is by far the nicest interior of a car I've ever owned.  I've never had anything with a truly upscale interior, like a high end Mercedes or anything like that.  Heck I looks at Mazda interiors and think "oooo that's pretty nice".  All the interior stuff I've seen from a modern CTS looks nicer than my car.  And it looks WAAAAAAY nicer than the 2006 CTS-V I almost bought back in the day, lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

LOL, yes, my reference was the first gen V's, since people buy them as cheap foundations for extreme builds.  The 2009 CTS (not V) I test drove had a pretty nice interior, had 90K miles on it at the time also, so it had been well ... used :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!