• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Something different?

Started by StealBlueSho, January 12, 2019, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 12, 2019, 07:23:02 PM
Love the SHO, no questions asked.... I am looking at another car to play with...

Not a Chevy guy... so no...
Not a Mustang guy... Ford Nationals burned me out on that one....
Not a MOPAR guy.. cause why?
Not an Audi/VW guy... been there done that...

Curious if anyone has looked into the Civic Type-R... I know they are FWD.. but looks like they are pretty fun to build out?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mistubishi Evolution

Agentlongwood

How bout a used AMG E63 Wagon?  Nasty turbo V8 power in a station wagon...
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

autobahn terror

Why not go old school and get a used 60's or 70's HotRod, you can get a decent rust free ride for $10G and then put all the extra money saved into Resto-Moding it. I have a bunch of projects I would love to tackle but cant due to location.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

lamrith

It's a bit early for April fools jokes SBS!  Leaving SHO for a FWD honda?   :bangin:

I know you said no to chevy, but as mentioned the CTS-V is in a different class than even the SS.  Having come from a STS-V (No, don't even research it, I loved mine, but they have issues) I did hang with the CTS-V crowd and I can tell you the level of interior refinement in the Caddy is a step above.
Plus the blower is already installed and base tuned for, so you have a designed package out of the box.

The AMG's are an option, but from what I have been told get extended warranty, when they go, they go and are $$$$$ to fix.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

True if you watch autovlog if the AMG engine goes, just replace the car LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on January 14, 2019, 01:35:26 PM
True if you watch autovlog if the AMG engine goes, just replace the car LOL.

Pretty much. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

It all depends on your buget! The new Infinity Q60 Sport coupe caught my attention while having my G35 serviced last fall. I believe they also make a 4Dr Q60 or Q50 version IIRC!
Best of luck on your Quest.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on January 14, 2019, 01:53:06 PM
It all depends what your buget is! The new Infinity Q60 Sport coupe caught my attention while having my G35 serviced. They also make a 4 dr Q60 IIRC!

Funny you mention that... my local speed shop said the new Q60 is no joke...

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 14, 2019, 02:01:18 PM
It all depends what your buget is! The new Infinity Q60 Sport coupe caught my attention while having my G35 serviced. They also make a 4 dr Q60 IIRC!

From what I have seen, they run high 12's in stock form. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: sm105k on January 14, 2019, 03:07:43 PM

The shop I was talking too was more excited over the AWD system.

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 14, 2019, 03:09:25 PM

Yeah that too.  They are a nice car.

lamrith

My dad has a Q60 red sport I think they call it.  fun car, but if you are a big guy (my dad is 6'4" broad shoulders) the seats can be a bit narrow.  He likes the car otherwise, handles nice and flat when you crank the wheel and really scoots.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

Quote from: sm105k on January 14, 2019, 03:26:12 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 14, 2019, 03:09:25 PM

Yeah that too.  They are a nice car.
I heard the tuning capabilities are quite notable similar to the SHO platform.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Do they use variable compression engines in them?  Hope that tech works out.  IDK where all this is going, along with GM's proposal to have one turbo per cylinder!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO