• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Crazy tire price for G-MAX AS-05 All-Season Radial Tire - 275/40ZR20 106W

Started by Macgyver, August 15, 2018, 12:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Got two mounted. Yeah LOL. I gave him one so I could test fit these. Then My mechanic had to do something at the last minute so we only got two done. I scheduled an alignment for the SHO and an inspection for my other car on Tuesday so we are Gonna finish it all up then.

But here is a preview....... These Look Super Awesome.

jman

You are gonna love the grip.
I hope I can find a deal as good as this one whenever I need to replace mine...

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

lamrith

Quote from: jman on September 07, 2018, 05:02:27 PM
You are gonna love the grip.
I hope I can find a deal as good as this one whenever I need to replace mine...
I didn't need to replace mine.  I probably have thousands of miles till I hit wear bars.  But I just HAD to snag them.  Now I am having to tell myself, leave them alone, don't mount them till you need them.  But when I walk in the garage the stack of them just screams at me!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

jman

Quote from: lamrith on September 07, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
I didn't need to replace mine.  I probably have thousands of miles till I hit wear bars.  But I just HAD to snag them.  Now I am having to tell myself, leave them alone, don't mount them till you need them.  But when I walk in the garage the stack of them just screams at me!
I was soooo tempted to do that but I was afraid of getting a bad tire and then be stuck with it 18 months later.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Macgyver

lamrith

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

Just realized I had not updated this thread.  Rains finally came in and the tires on the car were a bit sketchy in wet, so I went for it and installed the 275s.

WOW, OMG, WOOOT!

I do not know how much traction I need, but I know how much I installed....

The car is just planted now.  Even in rain i can stomp on it and the car just launches.  Only time i have seen TC blink (for maybe 2 flashes on dash) was a wot launch while turning to get on road from a stop sign.  Straight line, I have not been able to trigger TC.

They look good too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lamrith

2.5mos in since installing these steamrollers.  still love them and would recommend to anyone wanting a decent all season performance tire.

limited02

I love my Continental DWS06 tires, but can see myself giving these a shot once it's time to replace.  Biggest question would be how they handle the snow and the DWS06 do pretty darn good there.

Hotrod Lincoln

I have them and they are just ok in the snow. I live near Vail, Co. They are a decent tire but I wouldn't expect them to last too long. Really good in rain. Quiet and compliant everywhere else. The continentals handled better but for the price the Generals are good.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

lamrith

Snow is like one day a year here, and given the steamroller size I have, I would not expect much out of them for snow.  I have been very impressed with dry and wet traction.