• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Uniden R7 Announced: An R3 With Arrows!

Started by ZSHO, January 11, 2019, 07:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Uniden R7 Announced: An R3 With Arrows! Alternative and similar to the Valentine one.  Z

The Uniden R7 is a brand new radar detector, built upon the same platform as the R3, but it now adds a second rear-facing antenna to give it arrows.
The R7 shown here is a prototype. This is the design of the production version though so it's pretty representative of what our final R7's will look like.

The R7 is expected to ship around March or April and will retail for $599.

https://www.vortexradar.com/2019/01/uniden-r7-an-r3-with-arrows/

http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Uniden-R7.html?AffId=2

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Nice I can't wait. I love my R3 I bet this is gonna be awesome being able to tell where it's coming from. Hopefully it keeps the same long distance but in all directions now

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

MeanKS

wait, wait...

so does this do anything with the dreaded 'Lidar'?

i thought basically that Lidar is pretty much invincible.

none of the old tricks that worked with radar based speed guns seem to work with the laser based lidar systems.

if i'm wrong, please educate me, because my local law enforcement uses lidar and get me even if i'm following behind another vehicle or in a slew of other vehicles.

and i don't understand how a lidar detector would work, since by the time they detect anything the laser beam has already hit you...
MKS-EB...

ZSHO

There is nothing in the market that is bullet proof against radar and laser detection used by LEA!
In some States in rural areas radars might be effective and simply the luck of the draw IMO!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ecoboostsho

Quote from: MeanKS on January 12, 2019, 03:10:02 PM
wait, wait...

none of the old tricks that worked with radar based speed guns seem to work with the laser based lidar systems.

if i'm wrong, please educate me, because my local law enforcement uses lidar and get me even if i'm following behind another vehicle or in a slew of other vehicles.

and i don't understand how a lidar detector would work, since by the time they detect anything the laser beam has already hit you...
Yes a radar detector that has Lidar is pretty much a notification that you are busted. Not much you can do to beat it with a radar detector.

Have you ever checked out the Waze app?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

MeanKS

Quote from: ecoboostsho on January 12, 2019, 09:54:00 PM
Quote from: MeanKS on January 12, 2019, 03:10:02 PM
wait, wait...

Yes a radar detector that has Lidar is pretty much a notification that you are busted. Not much you can do to beat it with a radar detector.

Have you ever checked out the Waze app?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
yea, i definitely use Waze now.

shame that in the 'land of the free' we have these arbitrary speed limits that make no sense whatsoever!  55, gtfo!

what states should do is implement an autobahn lane that speciality licensed drivers can use if they pay a fee and have their cars mechanically inspected every so often that proves they are capable and designed for higher speeds.

that way they get their revenue and still claim an approach for or of 'safety'.
MKS-EB...