• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesigns

Started by SHOme, January 08, 2019, 11:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOme

Anyone have a phone number for MDesigns Performance?  My snorkle broke.  I have emailed from their website with no response. I have also messaged here.  I see from the posts here they may be hard to get a hold of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Oh boy.  A phone number has been hard if not impossible to locate for these guys.  Have to pester them ad infinitum, unfortunately.

Try contacting MDesign Performance via PM on this site.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Still glad I never purchased this product.

Absolute horse poop that their own customers have to go to the extent that they do, just to acquire "service" and/or replacement parts.

Stories like this continue to mount.

To the OP........ I say the following tongue in cheek, however in all seriousness, you may want to try eBay! as there were plenty of "kits" that certainly resembled this vendor's (term used loosely) "product" which were for sale there, before this one started making its' rounds.

Good luck and sorry to see this happening yet once again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

Took me plenty of emails and messages through FB and here to finally get a hold of someone. They use a cheap material and 3d print those. Took like a month from first email to receiving product.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOme

Thanks.  This is unfortunately what I expected after reading other posts.

SHOdded

Probably made in china now.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

FYI - The quickest way to reach them is email @ sales@mdesignperformance.com

To the OP keep us updated on all fronts and hoping for a quick resolution in the matter. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I was curious any updates since last discussion! TIA. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOme

No contact yet.

SHOdded

Wow, 3 weeks and nothing?  Keep plying them with emails and FB posts

Moisme33

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 09, 2019, 03:13:36 AM
To the OP........ I say the following tongue in cheek, however in all seriousness, you may want to try eBay!

Like Bpd said, ebay has carbon fiber "kits" that look just like these. Even more, they have carbon fiber universal snorkels that could be a solution for everyone. may need to make some sort of bracket to attach it to the front of the car, but that would be less of a headache than trying to get a replacement from them.

Here is a link to the universal carbon fiber snorkel on ebay: https://ebay.to/2TjWwsH with a bit of searching, there might be one that matches exactly what you are looking for.

-Mo-

ZSHO

I think SHOdded was spot on as it ships from Shenzhen,China. Z 

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on January 29, 2019, 06:15:56 PMI think SHOdded was spot on as it ships from Shenzhen, China. Z

Not only that, but they've been selling on eBay! for years......

If it were me, I'd be looking into a class action lawsuit for trademark infringement(s) etc.

But that's just the legal side of my brain speaking outloud.

Their customers have been duped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Moisme33

I still say maybe everyone who has a faulty snorkel or not should get the universal carbon fiber snorkel from ebay and try to make that work. But yeah you're right BPD, the customers were duped!