• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is to box that the PCV valve plugs into?

Started by SHOme, January 07, 2019, 10:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOme

I changed my PCV at 112k and noticed  it has the white water oil gunk in it.  My car is dripping the same looking stuff from the right front when parked.  My catch can isn't catching anything.  I have not put it on the lift to determine where the slime is coming from.  I'll post when I do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

ZSHO

That's your Oil Separator which acts as a catch can and has a built in internal relief valve which plays an important role and needs to be changed Pronto!
I would also check around the rear valve cover for leaks. .

Need to check your OCC check valve and could be plugged.
Check your oil level ASAP!
Check CAC (Intercooler) with a oil dipstick for oil pooling.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8777.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOme

Crisis averted.  I changed the oil separator.  It wasn't to bad but the check valve inside was sticky.  The leak was coming from my catch can.  I must have left the drain valve cracked open.  This would explain it being empty.  It didn't noticably effect the performance.  I have some piece of mind knowing everything is new.  Thanks for the info.  Now I need to figure out how to drain the swamp CC easier.  It's a PITA to get to the bottom of the can to drain it.

BlueSHO

Quote from: SHOme on January 09, 2019, 02:42:08 PM
Crisis averted.  I changed the oil separator.  It wasn't to bad but the check valve inside was sticky.  The leak was coming from my catch can.  I must have left the drain valve cracked open.  This would explain it being empty.  It didn't noticably effect the performance.  I have some piece of mind knowing everything is new.  Thanks for the info.  Now I need to figure out how to drain the swamp CC easier.  It's a PITA to get to the bottom of the can to drain it.

Was that the correct part number on your old piece you replaced?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOme

Quote from: BlueSHO on January 10, 2019, 01:39:40 AM
Quote from: SHOme on January 09, 2019, 02:42:08 PM

Was that the correct part number on your old piece you replaced?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That is what I gave the guy at the parts counter.  Wether he cross referenced it I don't know.  The box is in my shop. I will check it when I get out there.

ZSHO

FYI- The Oil Sep should be the same part number AFAIK! I had the TSB performed under warranty back on 12/14! Work order for reference below!  Z

Ford Part No - AA5Z-6A785-F The vehicle options this part fits Production Date: 12/2009-   $60.95

https://fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-separator-asy-oil_aa5z-6a785-f.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=emission-control-crankcase,,6A785

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|