• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dealing with issues after a fender bender

Started by autobahn terror, January 07, 2019, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autobahn terror

So, I come to you, (good people of the forum), with hat in hand. I got into a not so hard, (so i thought), Fender bender. A smack in the Front passenger corner. I have had the car in a shop for a month waiting on replacement parts/paint to arrive. I went to pick up the car today and low and behold the body work looks real good. If it weren't for the new headlight you really cant tell. However, Now I have some Electrical gremlins as well as some steam venting from the radiator.

My first question to you good people is, how hard is it to crack a Radiator on these cars, and if it is cracked could I also have a bad inter-cooler? There is NO water leaking to the ground, its just light amounts of steam. Also the Radiator fans are not turning see below...

Second Question is for the electrical gremlins, I have a few indicators, Check Battery Charging message, the Center touch console is not working, the touch screen is working but I have no environmental controls, Heat/Front Defrost is stuck on full blast. The Airbag dash Light is constant ON and the Radiator fans are NOT turning. There are two Codes that are being picked up by the shops scanner but not my handheld, U0557 (invalid data received from front controls), U0256 (lost communication with front controls).

Anyone know where I can tell them to look for the loose connections? These electrical issues were NOT present when I dropped the car off for body work, I drove it for almost 2 days after the fender bender with Zero issues. I dont remember there being any steam vent issues either.

Do you think that the Rad is possibly fine but venting due to the fans not turning? The venting seems to be coming from the Drivers side of the Rad, (opposite side of the accident). Any Advise I can get from you to give this shop in order to get my car back on the road would be greatly appreciated. I am stuck with this shop unfortunately, for overseas insurance reasons, (Germany).
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SM105K

First things first.  Check to see if you have a weak battery.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

autobahn terror

I actually just replaced the battery not more than 4 months ago And the Car starts right up, none of the sound indicators that normally accompany a weak battery.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SM105K

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/radio-climate-controls-going-crazy.138714/

That is tread on another forum. Regardless I would test the battery and the alternator to make sure those are in tip top shape.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Do you have pics of the damage?  Gives us a starting point to figure this out.  Sensors and grounds are all over the engine bay these days.  Radiator, intercooler, condenser, ambient air temp sensor, all are right in the vicinity of said impact.  But plz post pics so we have a better understanding of what might have happened.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

Currently no, I can try and get some, But it is not catastrophic. But please remember NONE of these issues were there when I dropped to car off for body work. Only after they completed repairs and I went to pick the car up did they show up. It is definitely something they screwed up during the repair. They replaced the Bumper, Passenger fender, and Headlight. Not sure about anything other than that. I asked about the windshield washer tank, (Meth Tank), and they said it was not cracked, still the original. That is the exact point of impact.

SHOdded

Alternator, Compressor, Cylinder Head Temperature sensor, Ambient Air Temp sensor are all suspect in this scenario.  Have you datalogged to see if the temp values are as expected prior to the accident?  If incorrect input is being received, incorrect operation will result.

Symptom/Probable Cause:  The Air Bag Warning Indicator is Illuminated Continuously (RCM Disconnected or Inoperative, Loss of Battery Feed or Loss of Signal Ground)

The steam ... Could be a hose/clamp, could be a hard part.  It takes quite a whack/direct impact before the radiator will crack.  Not sure if the end tanks are plastic like they were in gen 1 and gen 2 SHOs.  The intercooler, however, is plastic.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

I havnt driven the car, I let the car Idle for a little while while we looked it over before I would accept it. Thats when I noticed these issues, needless to say I did not accept the car as it was and it is still with the shop. So I have not been able to data log. The Temp gauge on the digi-cluser is reading temp Loss of Signal ground / or loose connection I think is the thread I should pull on to trace it down.

ZSHO

Sorry to hear about the mischief Brother! FWIW Here are some Diagrams on the cooling fans and such! Best of luck to ya. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

autobahn terror

Ill have to figure out why i cant login to the forum from home, as i cant see the diagrams at work...

ZSHO

Quote from: autobahn terror on January 08, 2019, 10:46:48 AM
Ill have to figure out why i cant login to the forum from home, as i cant see the diagrams at work...
Dunno! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Which login box from the HOME page are you using?  The one at the top of the page should work fine.  The one on the SIDE of the page is disabled for now.

autobahn terror

I get guest account blocked or something to that effect when I attempt to login from the house

SHOdded

If you are not able to login from the forum's home screen using the link at the top of the page, you may need to VPN in. 

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=login