• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

E85 Tune by AJP

Started by Macgyver, December 18, 2018, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

First I want to say thanks for AJP for working with me on this project. He did a great job developing an alternative non blending fuel for the SHO/Ecoboost.

I had a Sheetz built within a mile of my house. If anyone is from Pa here. Sheetz has pretty very good fuel. Their E85 us usually top notch and presently $1.99 a gallon. I do want to say tho On the 93 side. I use Sunoco Ultra which again I happen to be lucky and have a tank farm just a few miles away. I am blessed by great fuel according to AJP.

Second. This is NOT a "Send it tune" or "Go fast tune". This is not a racing E85 tune. So lets keep the thread where it should be. E85 and having a different way to fill your tank without blending. Its an alternative fuel tune for the Ecoboost that should save you money. Not get more miles per tank or go faster than whatever fuel or tune.

AJP has the tune. Its for Full E85 out of the gas pump (Sheetz in my case). Sheetz states their pumps can vary from E50 to E83. In the summer. We had E90 near me according to a few guys testing kits. I was running E30+ as I tend to mix a on the high side. With AJP tunes. I had no fuel pressure issues at all. Moving on.

Now for the tune. Its Conservative. AJP said it's at 10psi boost and Mid 20's + on the spark. Plus robust/rich fueling. AJP said the lowest she got on the pressure was 1500psi ? No retarding at all from the logs he has gotten. Today I data logged it at around 35-37deg outside temp. She should be faster than stock according to AJP. I have no way of knowing and will make no claims except that AJP's E30 tune blows this out of the water. Haha.

Now the ONLY caveat. Cold starting. AJP made some adjustments. Its just an E85 thing. Last week I started her around 30deg with an over night low of 17. She sits outside in the shade. No garage. She takes a little longer to turn over compared to regular fuel starts. Once warmed up/started once. No difference at all. Today I started her after sitting for 4 days. I had Carpal tunnel release on Friday morning and should not drive. She started fine as in the normal E85 first cold start start up.

Oh yeah. Your tail pipe tips stay clean and she smells wonderful on idle.

Chris_Flex

I agree the fuel in our area is great, I'm right in Lancaster and get my e85 from Sheetz also!
I think it might be the time to make the switch and get a tune from AJP

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SM105K

Thank you MacGyver.  This gives me hope that Brad might me able to "build" a full send it tune for E54.  That is the only thing we have out of the pump here in PHX. It is significantly cheaper as well.  Thank you for posting this.  Keep up the good work Brad.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Vortech347

That's still a substantial improvement in power.  2psi plus the ability to run WAAAY more timing.  Easily a 30-40hp gain.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Macgyver

Quote from: Vortech347 on December 19, 2018, 10:42:15 AM
That's still a substantial improvement in power.  2psi plus the ability to run WAAAY more timing.  Easily a 30-40hp gain.

Not dyno so no proof. Thats why I am claiming nothing except AJPs E30 tune pulls amazingly endlessly. ;-)

Leadfoot

Quote from: Macgyver on December 19, 2018, 07:33:55 PM

Not dyno so no proof. Thats why I am claiming nothing except AJPs E30 tune pulls amazingly endlessly. ;-)
Don't know what side of Reading you're on, but Area 1320 Motorworks in Nazareth has an awd dyno. Mainly a Subaru shop but they've done a couple of SHOs, $100 for 4 pulls.
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

Macgyver

Quote from: Leadfoot on December 21, 2018, 08:52:19 AM
Quote from: Macgyver on December 19, 2018, 07:33:55 PM

Don't know what side of Reading you're on, but Area 1320 Motorworks in Nazareth has an awd dyno. Mainly a Subaru shop but they've done a couple of SHOs, $100 for 4 pulls.

Thanks. Yeah I have a dyno 10 mins away but its 2wd.

18SHO

Quote from: Macgyver on December 18, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
First I want to say thanks for AJP for working with me on this project. He did a great job developing an alternative non blending fuel for the SHO/Ecoboost.

I had a Sheetz built within a mile of my house. If anyone is from Pa here. Sheetz has pretty very good fuel. Their E85 us usually top notch and presently $1.99 a gallon. I do want to say tho On the 93 side. I use Sunoco Ultra which again I happen to be lucky and have a tank farm just a few miles away. I am blessed by great fuel according to AJP.

Second. This is NOT a "Send it tune" or "Go fast tune". This is not a racing E85 tune. So lets keep the thread where it should be. E85 and having a different way to fill your tank without blending. Its an alternative fuel tune for the Ecoboost that should save you money. Not get more miles per tank or go faster than whatever fuel or tune.

AJP has the tune. Its for Full E85 out of the gas pump (Sheetz in my case). Sheetz states their pumps can vary from E50 to E83. In the summer. We had E90 near me according to a few guys testing kits. I was running E30+ as I tend to mix a on the high side. With AJP tunes. I had no fuel pressure issues at all. Moving on.

Now for the tune. Its Conservative. AJP said it's at 10psi boost and Mid 20's + on the spark. Plus robust/rich fueling. AJP said the lowest she got on the pressure was 1500psi ? No retarding at all from the logs he has gotten. Today I data logged it at around 35-37deg outside temp. She should be faster than stock according to AJP. I have no way of knowing and will make no claims except that AJP's E30 tune blows this out of the water. Haha.

Now the ONLY caveat. Cold starting. AJP made some adjustments. Its just an E85 thing. Last week I started her around 30deg with an over night low of 17. She sits outside in the shade. No garage. She takes a little longer to turn over compared to regular fuel starts. Once warmed up/started once. No difference at all. Today I started her after sitting for 4 days. I had Carpal tunnel release on Friday morning and should not drive. She started fine as in the normal E85 first cold start start up.

Nice, being its almost impossible getting the E30 mix perfect is there a little room in case you make E35 by accident or if you run less like E25?
Thats my only concern on that tune, i have no doubt its a nice difference
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

AJP turbo

Quote from: 18SHO on December 29, 2018, 04:41:21 PM

Nice, being its almost impossible getting the E30 mix perfect is there a little room in case you make E35 by accident or if you run less like E25?

He is not talking about the E30 tune. He is talking about running a tune for full E85 right out of the pump. But definitely, on my E30 tunes you would be fine if you have E25-E35 in the tank. You would see changes in the LTFT's and or the knock sensors..If the E25 really lowered octane enough to cause consistent KR then you may even see a rise in OAR but I would say probably not because it's amazing how just a little more ethanol in the fuel is able to suppress knock....And considering that the E30 tune may not be on the bleeding edge it won't hurt if you have less octane due to having E25.

Everyone seems to want things a little different in their tunes so depending on how I build the file sometimes I don't necessarily add spark I only let the knock sensors add the spark in....So in the case of E25 you may not see knock retard at all you may just not see the knock sensors adding the spark....Often there are so many ways to accomplish things depending on exactly what you are trying to achieve.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Jordan

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 30, 2018, 05:18:34 PM
Quote from: 18SHO on December 29, 2018, 04:41:21 PM

He is not talking about the E30 tune. He is talking about running a tune for full E85 right out of the pump. But definitely, on my E30 tunes you would be fine if you have E25-E35 in the tank. You would see changes in the LTFT's and or the knock sensors..If the E25 really lowered octane enough to cause consistent KR then you may even see a rise in OAR but I would say probably not because it's amazing how just a little more ethanol in the fuel is able to suppress knock....And considering that the E30 tune may not be on the bleeding edge it won't hurt if you have less octane due to having E25.

Everyone seems to want things a little different in their tunes so depending on how I build the file sometimes I don't necessarily add spark I only let the knock sensors add the spark in....So in the case of E25 you may not see knock retard at all you may just not see the knock sensors adding the spark....Often there are so many ways to accomplish things depending on exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Yep, I don't think my E85 source has ever been pure e85, but I have always mixed it like that. Mine is probably more like a solid E25 blend, but that's the great thing about revising your tunes. You revise it to your circumstances and the fuel available to you. The data doesn't lie. Always happy with my E30 tune from you.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ridered74

Is this with stock HPFP?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |