• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sealing the front of the Speed sensor?

Started by TopherSho, January 07, 2019, 03:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

When it rains and i'm at 60+ mph i get the "Cruise is unavailable" message pretty frequently, when it is dry it never happens.   I have been toying with the idea of sealing up the front...

Thoughts? 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

nickstewartroc

I think it more has to do with it not being able to sense through the rain (thinking it's an object). You can't put anything in front of the sensor, or it will think it's an object and you won't be able to use the CC
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

TopherSho

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 07, 2019, 03:54:18 PM
I think it more has to do with it not being able to sense through the rain (thinking it's an object). You can't put anything in front of the sensor, or it will think it's an object and you won't be able to use the CC

I was thinking not so much of covering the whole unit but waxing the 'edges' where it seems to clip on.. it used to behave in the rain but seems to be getting worse over time.  Probably does not help i live in oregon :P
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction