• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Interceptor wheels with snow tires

Started by Chris_Flex, December 28, 2018, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

Thinking about picking up a set of 18x8 police interceptor rims and buying some snow tires anyone have these as there winter set up? What size snow tires are you running

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

glock-coma

Not running these wheels but I believe the correct size would be
245/55/18

EDITORIAL NOTE:  This size fits a Taurus.  Post modified by admin on behalf of glock-coma.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Im running steel rims with blizzak SUV tire that are made to handle 140 mph

My wife had the tire guy pick it out as she didn't want to spend the money on higher quality winter tires  when I was away from home

But they work pretty well
I would of rather used the inticeptor steel rims since it has a center cap mine do not and you can see the middle nut getting rusty.
There was no rust the first time I swapped the tires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Chris_Flex

I found a set at a local salvage yard for $350 and he said If the center caps are there I can have them also sound like a good deal?

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

5ohSHO

My P.I. had a set of Firestone Fire Hawk PVS tires on it when I bought it and they were amazing in the snow, but they're crazy expensive. I currently have Toyo Celsius on my SHO and they perform pretty good and aren't priced too bad.

Chris_Flex

Quote from: 5ohSHO on December 29, 2018, 11:31:31 AM
My P.I. had a set of Firestone Fire Hawk PVS tires on it when I bought it and they were amazing in the snow, but they're crazy expensive. I currently have Toyo Celsius on my SHO and they perform pretty good and aren't priced too bad.
I think I'm gonna try the Goodyear ultra grip I found a set on tire rack with rebates for $425

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

glock-coma

Sorry, can't edit my original post. I didn't realize these were for a flex, the size I gave you was for the Taurus

Chris_Flex

Picked these up for 300 today with TPMS they didnt have any decent center caps so I'm gonna have to look elsewhere

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

glock-coma

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Chris_Flex

Quote from: ZSHO on December 30, 2018, 07:01:51 AM
The PI Center caps are not cheap with some fitment issues while being on backorder IIRC!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8613.0.html

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/2019/ford_taurus_center_caps.html

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-cover-wheel_dg1z-1130-b.html
Thanks for the info. Il get the right lug nuts and run them with no center caps for now and keep checking salvage yards, new ones are too expensive

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SHOdded

Maybe coat the lugnuts with some dielectric in the meantime?  I do not know what would work to keep the rust away.  Maybe paint, LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Chris_Flex

Quote from: SHOdded on December 30, 2018, 10:45:28 AM
Maybe coat the lugnuts with some dielectric in the meantime?  I do not know what would work to keep the rust away.  Maybe paint, LOL.
I planned re painting the wheels and maybe il just use my stock closed lug nuts until I get center caps

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Chris_Flex

I don't know why I didnt think of it earlier but my work has used Ford Rangers for 20+ years as escourt trucks for oversized loads.

Stopped at the garage this afternoon and picked these up for free today! I know there not the exact Interceptor hub caps but these are better then nothing just need to order lug nuts and should be able to get them on next week.

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune