• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink MX+ and 2018 SHO

Started by SHOhobo, December 26, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOhobo

Just got an OBDLink MX+ and using their app and it works with my 2006 Ford Explorer 4.6L 4X4 and my 2006 Merc Mariner 3.0L V6 AWD....does not work with my 2018 SHO non-pp...tried android, apple iOS2, and windows on a laptop...when i try to connect to the SHO I got all kinds of warnings like active park assist, adaptive cruise ..etc..disabled...did a factory reset on the MX+...deleted the obdlink app and re-installed...bluetooth and wifi.. not working...any input or suggestions would be much appreciated - thx.
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

ZSHO

Did you leave the adapter plugged in the OBD Port with vehicle OFF! That alone will cause a Christmas tree of lights on the instrument cluster. Do you have Torque pro! Welcome back.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

It is a new device in the market, not a whole lotta experience with it.  App support i think is lacking right now.

What error are you seeing?  Pure connection failure, or something else?  It does connect to your device, right?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOhobo

Hey Z - thx for the welcome back - always good to know I can come back here for help after just lurking around and learning from the vast knowledge base that is shared on this most awesome forum.  Yeah tried every which way...really spent a lot of time with my technologically adept son who bought the MX+ for me as a Christmas present.  I think he is geeking for the gauges, logging capabilities, and diagnostics worse than I am.  Frustrating to say the least..other thing that has occurred is that I unpaired my android phone from her during this process and now I can't get it paired back up with the car.  Get an error like I did when we were trying to fire up the obdlink app with the mx+..sync is disabled and may need to be reinstalled...but after going through this process and taking her out for a cruise... no issues with SYNC3 or any of the other things that were popping up during the process...advance trac, adaptive cruise, parking sensors....etc...etc....Will work on getting phone re-paired tmrw.  I have a post on the scantool forum regarding this issue as well but thought I would chk here to see if anyone else is dealing with this issue with a 2018 SHO.  I want my new toy to work...I feel like a five year old that got my first hot wheels car and the wheels won't spin!!!

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

SHOhobo

Hey SHOdded.....it must be connecting at some level because we are getting the warnings like blind spot monitoring is disabled...adaptive cruise..etc...etc....also got a few service this and that warnings - they came fast and furious but one was that advance trac was disabled followed by a service advance trac which freaked me out..but after unplugging the mx+ and shutting her down then taking her out for a spirited cruise including utilizing the adaptive cruise and an auto parallel park "assist"...all is good except have not been able to re-pair my phone with her yet.

SHOhobo

Also..have not tried Torque yet...will do but being stubborn on the speed and options offered on the free obdlink app that I read about on a previous post.

SHOdded

Torque Pro has custom PIDs already figured out by a few folks here, so that might enough to lure you over to the "dark side" LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

X2 -Dave (ecoboostsho) and FoMoCoSHO have a fount of knowledge in that dept with there custom PIDs!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOhobo

Yeah...think I will go that route until they figure out why the MX+ and their app doesnt work on a 2018 SHO.  Thx fellas...will let u know how it goes.