• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU leak

Started by CroR1, December 15, 2018, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

2014, At 12k miles the front PTU is burping oil through the whole. The oil is yellow.

What's the thought on this, anyone experienced anything similar or heard of anything similar?  My power train warranty is up next month, which brings me to the next question; should I get a plan from Ford to extend the warranty/how reliable is the plan/is there a deductible on the powertrain warranty?

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Take it in to Ford, have them fix/replace the PTU.

I am always for the extended plan on boosted, AWD vehicles.  Peace of mind mostly.  OR save up for a just-in-case scenario, depending on how long you intend to keep the car.

12K miles is awfully low.  The powertrain is rusting just sitting there LOL.

75,000   2023   87,000 is the max ford will do coverage right now.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CroR1

I noticed a leak in spring during an oil change.  About a month ago, I did an oil change,  and the area was wet again.  Daler looked at it, cleaned it up, and told me to drive it again and bring it back in for check up. They will drop the PTU down to check it, if the leak is present.

ZSHO

FWIW @ least the dealer is aware of it and should address your concerns. Best of luck. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I noticed your warranty is up next month and with the Holidays and all you need to stay on TOP of it and try to make an appt ASAP! Don't need any delay in the process,just some food for thought. Z   :)

TopherSho

Quote from: CroR1 on December 15, 2018, 02:19:52 PM
2014, At 12k miles the front PTU is burping oil through the whole. The oil is yellow.

What's the thought on this, anyone experienced anything similar or heard of anything similar?  My power train warranty is up next month, which brings me to the next question; should I get a plan from Ford to extend the warranty/how reliable is the plan/is there a deductible on the powertrain warranty?

It has been said, i will reiterate it.

GET IT TO THE DEALER AND ON RECORD ASAP. 

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

Get it back to the dealer ASAP.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |