• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Why not straight E85?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, December 12, 2018, 01:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriormonx

Quote from: 802SHO on December 20, 2018, 06:12:04 PM
Quote from: Warriormonx on December 20, 2018, 05:46:46 PM
Fortunate for us here in Australia there is a major retailer who has e85 on the bowser. Pretty solid ethanol content too. This reading was taken with around 5% 98 RON in the tank when I filled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool!  I'm a bit jealous, there is no E85 anywhere here in Vermont.  I think one 55 gal drum would last me all season though...I pretty much drive to the track and the gym with it..spring to fall.
Mine is a daily at the mo, however certainly rethinking this - car is a bit serious now and ethanol not exactly good on mileage.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Warriormonx on December 20, 2018, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on December 20, 2018, 06:12:04 PM
Quote from: Warriormonx on December 20, 2018, 05:46:46 PM
Fortunate for us here in Australia there is a major retailer who has e85 on the bowser. Pretty solid ethanol content too. This reading was taken with around 5% 98 RON in the tank when I filled up.

That's cool!  I'm a bit jealous, there is no E85 anywhere here in Vermont.  I think one 55 gal drum would last me all season though...I pretty much drive to the track and the gym with it..spring to fall.
Mine is a daily at the mo, however certainly rethinking this - car is a bit serious now and ethanol not exactly good on mileage.

Which is why I just picked up a Ford Fiesta to daily... the cost difference per mile between the SHO and the Fiesta is break even at 15K a year by keeping the SHO and buying the fiesta... if that makes sense... lol...

Basically by not driving the sho for a DD, the money is break even buying a fiesta and DD it instead.

Warriormonx

Snap - looking at a Fiesta ST as a daily. Only issue is that based on my history I will probably start modding that as well

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Warriormonx on December 20, 2018, 06:19:32 PM
Snap - looking at a Fiesta ST as a daily. Only issue is that based on my history I will probably start modding that as well

Yup... EXACTLY why I got the SE.. takes the modding bug out of it.