• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Why not straight E85?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, December 12, 2018, 01:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on December 13, 2018, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 13, 2018, 07:25:29 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on December 13, 2018, 06:51:02 PM
I have been scrolling through this great thread but how many have been able to hit the 11's benchmark without weight reduction! Sorry a bit off Topic. Z

I forgot 802SHO is spraying meth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey!  Leave us meth heads out of this

Acknowledgement is the first step... if I was able to get off meth, anyone can!

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 13, 2018, 08:36:10 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on December 13, 2018, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 13, 2018, 07:25:29 PM
I have been scrolling through this great thread but how many have been able to hit the 11's benchmark without weight reduction! Sorry a bit off Topic. Z

I forgot 802SHO is spraying meth.

Hey!  Leave us meth heads out of this

Acknowledgement is the first step... if I was able to get off meth, anyone can!

I can't I won't I need more!!!!  More is better!!!!  Who says better? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

TopherSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 13, 2018, 01:15:01 PM

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 13, 2018, 01:08:57 PMQuit being a grump!

Ha! That made me laugh. Which was needed btw, so thank you for that there BJ.

No grumpiness here. Just don't like the E. Never have. Which is why I said earlier.....

"Alas, I digress".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I also dislike e85 as a 100% fuel source,  like you im a bit older.  It's more to do with how we source it in the US for me coupled with how it was 'brought to market' and is 'subsidized' leaving many to think its better, cleaner and cheaper which it definatley is not.

As a race fuel if you are set up for it and can get true e85 every time such as from solvent shops its great stuff.  But from the pump ... i have seen way to much variation in the mixes even from the likes of 76', chevron and Texaco. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bpd1151

Quote from: TopherSho on December 14, 2018, 09:13:29 AM

No grumpiness here. Just don't like the E. Never have. Which is why I said earlier.....

"Alas, I digress".

I also dislike e85 as a 100% fuel source,  like you im a bit older.  It's more to do with how we source it in the US for me coupled with how it was 'brought to market' and is 'subsidized' leaving many to think its better, cleaner and cheaper which it definatley is not.

As a race fuel if you are set up for it and can get true e85 every time such as from solvent shops its great stuff.  But from the pump ... i have seen way to much variation in the mixes even from the likes of 76', chevron and Texaco.
You sir, read my mind all to well.

Scary.

I agree with your sentiments on the subject matter.

SM105K

Quote from: TopherSho on December 14, 2018, 09:13:29 AM

"Alas, I digress".

This is exactly why I don't run my wild E30 tune on pump E products.  For that tune I run Torco T85 mixed only with Qwik Trip 91 octane.  However, that my change down the road.  Also another reason why I test any E product going into my car.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

From what I read so far 2?  BPD and 802?  I want it on either E30 or race fuel.  Stock long block, stock turbos, full bolt on's (DP's, 3rd cat delete, intercooler, and possibly a HPFP) at full weight! If I can get my current set up into the 12.30's (down from a 12.56) I think it is 100 percent obtainable.  Considering I had a boost reference line pop off, and the throttle was closing during my 12.56 pass. The car only went 108 mph on the big end (down for 111 to 112) . With the a 1.77 sixty foot and my normal  MPH I see a 12.30 in good D.A. tune only.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

Former SHO owners and forum members Darreli, and FirstSHO also hit 11's w/o any weight reduction.

Trying to remember who else.......

ZSHO

The 11's was within my grasps @ CCD with Manu! I guess as 802SHO allluded too I should of ran a few more runs but didn't want to add insult to injury as I thought my PTU was to blame for the wheel hop!!!
I should of dropped the tires a bit more on close to half a tank of fuel.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Hmmm I like the way this reads but unfortunately no I have not hit an 11 at full weight.  I'll break it down from full weight best to lightest best.  Interesting that my personal best is NOT the lightest. 

Full Weight 12.06
Back seats removed only 11.83
Back seats, front passenger seat, glove box emptied, engine cover removed, no head rest or floor mats 11.94.

For the record I have shared this info previously.  All of those runs were the same tune.  So no changes in tune, I did experiment with some weight reduction and started messing with tire pressure.  I think whatever happened with that 11.83 with the rear seats out...curious that would have been a run at full weight at some sort of 11.9.  Thats only speculation. 

Time will tell.  And folks this was all with 93 octane.  Not pure, this is the pump 93 E10.  And with my single nozzle Alky Control Meth Injection kit purchased from Livernois and of course only 100% VP M1. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on December 14, 2018, 12:27:39 PM
Hmmm I like the way this reads but unfortunately no I have not hit an 11 at full weight.  I'll break it down from full weight best to lightest best.  Interesting that my personal best is NOT the lightest. 

Full Weight 12.06
Back seats, front passenger seat, glove box emptied, engine cover removed, no head rest or floor mats 11.94.

For the record I have shared this info previously.  All of those runs were the same tune.  So no changes in tune, I did experiment with some weight reduction and started messing with tire pressure.  I think whatever happened with that 11.83 with the rear seats out...curious that would have been a run at full weight at some sort of 11.9.  Thats only speculation. 

Time will tell.  And folks this was all with 93 octane.  Not pure, this is the pump 93 E10.  And with my single nozzle Alky Control Meth Injection kit purchased from Livernois and of course only 100% VP M1.

See this gives me hope and justification.

802SHO

Quote from: sm105k on December 14, 2018, 01:34:02 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on December 14, 2018, 12:27:39 PM

Full Weight 12.06

See this gives me hope and justification.

I think you'll hit your mark...or it will be so close it'll drive you insane!  When all the moon's align...Excellent tune, DA, track prep, tires slightly soft, near perfect launch resulting in new PB 60ft with 50 miles to empty or less...anything can happen. 

shoNoff

I have a feeling with this intercooler coming out you are going to see a lot more stock turbo sho's in the 11's
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

AJP turbo

Quote from: shoNoff on December 15, 2018, 04:42:56 PM
I have a feeling with this intercooler coming out you are going to see a lot more stock turbo sho's in the 11's

I would say you need around 16+ psi of boost and about 20-22 degrees of spark...But there are still some variables on top of that..If not using meth, you may or may not have the fuel to support that...And if not using meth you have to hope that the intercooler will cool off the aircharge to support that spark and even if the aircharge is super cool you still may not be able to support that spark level on 93...Then if you add ethanol for octane you will hurt fuel flow even more

Basically if using stock turbos you have to rely on having spark to get you to the power level to run the 11's because you don't have the airflow to make the horsepower to get to 11's...But there are a few ways to skin this cat.

Intercooler and turbos and 93 might work well...Same reason turbo upgrades on the stock fuel system makes sense even though people think turbos are pointless on stock fuel system.....You can make more horsepower due to airflow but the lower boost makes less torque but you gain in flow which has alot to do with HP which also helps 1/4 mile times.

I think you see that in the dyno's from larger turbos...More HP but less TQ and more peaky gains which is good for 1/4 mile.  OK I'm rambling now.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StinkinLinkin13

I wonder what AJP would be able to do with that HPFP? 🤔 So let me ask this... Would a less efficient (volume) yet aggressive full E85 tune out perform a 93+meth tune all other things EQUAL? There seems to be and intersecting point in said options. Two different paths for the same results?
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

EcoPowerParts

I ran straight E85, engine loves it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts