• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Splash blending e85 to 93

Started by 18SHO, December 09, 2018, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 11, 2018, 04:07:25 PM
Near perfect? LOL I love this log. The 3rd gear pull shows perfectly flat fuel pressure and this is a sustained commanded boost of 14 psi from 2700rpm to redline.

And in the multi gear pull fuel pressure is basically unaffected even with boost spikes of 16.77 psi....And some of the very small dipping that you see is not due to too much boost or the fuel system being pushed but rather from the increased fuel demand and how quickly the boost is ramping...I've seen the stock tune do this..I've said this before but the fuel system stock is pretty strong but hates to be ramped on

When you get boost spikes the fuel system has a hard time keeping up due to reaction time and not due to flow limitations..Control the spike then you can control the pressure dip....With in reason or barring a mechanical problem.

ALso this was in 50 degree temps with IAT's being lower than 100 so I thought this looked decent.

There was a small dip in the multigear log... LoL... so near perfect :-P

But in the email I sent him I believe I said it was a very well done tune... didn't know it was yours. Otherwise I wouldn't have been so nice ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

Haha yeah I know it's a tough crowd SBS all good...But I modified the post. I'm still calling the fuel pressure perfect...The ramping of the boost will cause a small dip but I won't say due to fuel flow limitations....I've seen it in stock logs...I could use more throttle control to help but I don't see the need for that when pressure only dips to 1850 psi for less than a second.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 11, 2018, 04:14:09 PM
Haha yeah I know it's a tough crowd SBS all good...But I modified the post. I'm still calling the fuel pressure perfect...The ramping of the boost will cause a small dip but I won't say due to fuel flow limitations....I've seen it in stock logs...I could use more fuel pressure to help but I don't see the need for that when pressure only dips to 1850 psi for less than a second.

Hell I have stock logs showing bigger dips when it's cold...

Very nice looking datalogs, his car I bet runs like a top.

Can't help but poke the bear a little..

18SHO

Thanks to everyone! To prevent any fuel related issues god forbid I run into some bad gas , what's the best thing to monitor ?? OAR? I should be able to see OAR value on the x4 without plugging in my laptop correct? Havnt tried that yet
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 18SHO on December 11, 2018, 07:48:04 PM
Thanks to everyone! To prevent any fuel related issues god forbid I run into some bad gas , what's the best thing to monitor ?? OAR? I should be able to see OAR value on the x4 without plugging in my laptop correct? Havnt tried that yet

Knock and OAR are your best bet for monitoring fuel quality.

Both can be monitored straight from the SCT device screen when plugged in.

18SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 11, 2018, 07:53:58 PM

Is it me or will it not let me gauge OAR? I went to guages selected Gas Ford 08 and newer and no OAR to select .. well I guess I have to plug in laptop to view these things ...
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 18SHO on December 12, 2018, 08:33:32 PM

Is it me or will it not let me gauge OAR? I went to guages selected Gas Ford 08 and newer and no OAR to select .. well I guess I have to plug in laptop to view these things ...

You need to build a custom config file.

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: 18SHO on December 12, 2018, 08:33:32 PM

Create a custom config and load it to the handheld.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!