• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meguiars ultimate waterless wash/wax

Started by StealBlueSho, December 03, 2018, 06:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So I have been using this after every wash as a final application.. I just mist it on and use a clean microfiber cloth to rub it in. It really works well and I get compliments all the time on how clean it looks. Leaves the paint feeling buttery smooth... highly recommend it as an AFTER wash detailing application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 06:43:34 PM
So I have been using this after every wash as a final application.. I just mist it on and use a clean microfiber cloth to rub it in. It really works well and I get compliments all the time on how clean it looks. Leaves the paint feeling buttery smooth... highly recommend it as an AFTER wash detailing application.

I have been interested in something just like that for my work truck.  Really Ive been looking for a strong Pre wash spray that would help get the really dirty stuff off but there really isnt anything strong enough thats also safe for any sealants or waxes.  My thought was to go through the touchless car wash then hit the bottom of the truck with something like that to get all the stuck on stuff off and afterward so most of the dirt was already gone.  Hmmmm.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on December 03, 2018, 07:12:10 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 06:43:34 PM

I have been interested in something just like that for my work truck.  Really Ive been looking for a strong Pre wash spray that would help get the really dirty stuff off but there really isnt anything strong enough thats also safe for any sealants or waxes.  My thought was to go through the touchless car wash then hit the bottom of the truck with something like that to get all the stuck on stuff off and afterward so most of the dirt was already gone.  Hmmmm.

This won't work well for a prewash... it's more a wax than a wash.

I've never found anything that works well for a prewash for bugs, tar, etc....

Gjkrisa

Never thought about that I did try to use it to actually wash the car and did not like the feeling of that even with very little dirt on the car.

I've been using turtle waxes ice spray wax and quick detailer mainly because it makes everything look so good but don't think the water beading is very tight.

I did get a better feeling from mequires ultimate wash using that in a bottle as a lower water method of spraying that on then using a heavely wet towel to mop everything up then using a small drying towel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

StealBlueSho

The water beading with this stuff is impressive.. looks just like a paste wax... just doesn't last as long.

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 07:18:53 PM
The water beading on with this stuff is impressive.. looks just like a paste wax... just doesn't last as long.

So what you are saying is it's good to bead off with?
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on December 03, 2018, 07:39:09 PM
The water beading on with this stuff is impressive.. looks just like a paste wax... just doesn't last as long.

I mean... I did say it was buttery smooth...

SHOdded

TarX for bugs/tar etc.  IronX for ferrous materials.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 07:41:21 PM

I can picture it now

Wife "why is there car wax in the shower"

Me "ahhhh it's good for your skin"
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on December 03, 2018, 07:52:38 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 07:41:21 PM

I can picture it now

Wife "why is there car wax in the shower"

Me "ahhhh it's good for your skin"

This conversation has taken a HARD left... no pun intended.. or is it? Bwhaha..

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 06:43:34 PMSo..... I just mist it on and use a cloth to rub it in.

It really works well and I get compliments all the time.

Very interesting.

I'm sure the recieving end appreciates the misting effect, rather than it just being plopped onto the surface in gobs.

LOL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 03, 2018, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 06:43:34 PMSo..... I just mist it on and use a cloth to rub it in.

It really works well and I get compliments all the time.

Very interesting.

I'm sure the recieving end appreciates the misting effect, rather than it just being plopped onto the surface in gobs.

LOL.

She sure doesn't complain! The SHO of course... as a married man well... let's not go down THAT road..

Not all of us have a BamSHO on the side ;-)

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 08:36:05 PMAs a married man well... let's not go down THAT road.....

Not all of us have a BamSHO on the side.

Oh yes. Dear God yes. The ever so steamy, dreamy, one of a kind Bam_SHO.

Premium cut of grade 'A' man meat right there.

Deeeeeeeeeee-lish.

J-Will

I use Adams H2O guard a gloss about every 3 washes for a similar effect but it also prevents me from needing to do the dry step if that detail session.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Vortech347

I use Clearshine and Adams Guard and Gloss.

Clearshine is bad ass between washes.  It's so good that when I went to dawn soap my car for a full correction it didn't even stop the beading.  I even made a video of it for Clearshine's FB page.

The Adams stuff is fantastic too. 
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0