• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Front & Rear Brakes!

Started by ZSHO, December 02, 2018, 07:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

It's time to look into some new brakes as the pulsating vibration when stopping is getting worse.. Any suggestions on rotors and pads as the Wildwoods are N/A IIRC! TIA.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

EBC's served me quite well prior to upgrading to the creme de le creme of the Wilwood's.

I used yellow's, but I think since then, EBC's come out with their "orange" pad upgrades.

So perform your due diligence there Z and decide what works best for your application.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Depends what you are looking for Z. For factory replacement type stuff I have always been a huge fan of Centric. They are the makers of stoptech and I feel they easily exceed factory specs. I've always run then on my cars after the factory stuff has worn.

http://www.centricparts.com/products/centric-premium-brake-rotors
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

I would purchase the Wildwoods from TCE! I know its a long shot but PM sent to Todd! Dunno!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5629.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

All you need is a good parachute.  Brakes are strictly cosmetic on Red.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on December 02, 2018, 12:21:02 PM
I would purchase the Wildwoods from TCE! I know its a long shot but PM sent to Todd! Dunno!  Z

I have Todd's # if by chance he doesn't respond via PM.

LMK.

I only suggested the EBC's because I thought you stated you did not want the Wilwoods.

ZSHO

Based on his site there still available but hoping the price reduction is still active! It looks as wheel spacers are needed to accomodate the larger brake kit!
Does anyone know if these are lighter than Oem stock setup!
Thanks for all the replies.  Z

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/flex-/-sho/kits-23/

bpd1151

Spacers? Oh wait, for the stock wheels? Mmmm that could be.

Going off of recollection, and no, I did NOT weight them......

The Wilwood set has some heft to them. I do recall they were/are beefier and felt heavier just from having removed the OEM setup and installing these.

I suppose mine were slightly heavier, as I ran with the optional 15" rotors. But yes the calipers alone seemed a tad heavier than the OEM's.

But I'll tell ya what, looking back, I really did waste my time & money on poking around with other options. Including the EBC's.

I should've just went Wilwood from the get go.

Has completely restored my confidence in braking. Stops this whale of a car on a dime. Each time. Every time.

Todd TCE

Kits still available yes.

No more of the W6A early calipers. Back to std pricing.
Todd
TCE

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 02, 2018, 04:52:04 PM
Spacers? Oh wait, for the stock wheels? Mmmm that could be.

Going off of recollection, and no, I did NOT weight them......

The Wilwood set has some heft to them. I do recall they were/are beefier and felt heavier just from having removed the OEM setup and installing these.

I suppose mine were slightly heavier, as I ran with the optional 15" rotors. But yes the calipers alone seemed a tad heavier than the OEM's.

But I'll tell ya what, looking back, I really did waste my time & money on poking around with other options. Including the EBC's.

I should've just went Wilwood from the get go.

Has completely restored my confidence in braking. Stops this whale of a car on a dime. Each time. Every time.

Thank you kind sir!  Z   :)

ZSHO

Quote from: Todd TCE on December 02, 2018, 05:20:52 PM
Kits still available yes.

No more of the W6A early calipers. Back to std pricing.
I appreciate the quick response Todd!  :) I just wanted to confirm that the front kit will fit my 13-PP-SHO! Thanks. Z