• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ping

Started by Dxlnt1, June 16, 2018, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Tuned anyone running ACES, Brad?  I know FoMoCo does or at least used to run ACES.  Might be the needed bandaid for that glorious CA fuel.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on November 30, 2018, 02:50:20 PM
Tuned anyone running ACES, Brad?  I know FoMoCo does or at least used to run ACES.  Might be the needed bandaid for that glorious CA fuel.

Both AZ and CA gas is terrible.  I get knock on my 91 tune, in the heat.  I went with an E30 tune just because of that.  CA has a ton of E85 stations.....that AZ doesn't.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

But how is E85 quality in CA?  E85 is highly variable as we have heard time and time again.  Only a few people actually test the E85 they are putting in their rides.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Quote from: SHOdded on November 30, 2018, 03:33:09 PM
But how is E85 quality in CA?  E85 is highly variable as we have heard time and time again.  Only a few people actually test the E85 they are putting in their rides.

As soon as I run my tank emptyish. Loading an AJP E85 tune. Here in eastern Pa. E85 was at E80 at the station near me a week ago. Local FB guys test it and post the pics.

I think I am going to run some Marvel Mystery oil with the E85 for some lube etc.

Never ran Aces before. Never heard of it till I came here.

Now BK products I have heard of.

SHOdded

I did try ACES on our 2010 F Sport 3.5 NA engine.  Got some additional timing out of it, 3-4 degrees consistently.  Can only imagine how good it is for a boosted engine.

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on November 30, 2018, 03:33:09 PM

Most the pumps I have used in So-Cal are E80+ from what I have tested.  I only use two stations though. Here in AZ they are regulated to E51 minimum and it is labeled "Flex Fuel".  The ones I frequent have all tested consistently at E51 because they are all Chevron Stations and they get the same Flex Fuel from the same source. 

The way I look at is this.  If you are willing to put an E30 tune in the car, but aren't willing to test what comes out of the pump, you have no business putting the E30 tune in the car....period.

An E85 tester is dirt cheap, and it is easy to test.  All you need is the tester, a water bottle (I use a large rimmed Aquafina bottle that the nozzle fits in), and water.  Doing 1 minute of work is worth knowing exactly what it coming out of the pump in my mind.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |