• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New to Tuner

Started by barberryanlee, December 01, 2018, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barberryanlee

Quote from: SHOdded on December 06, 2018, 05:26:46 PM
Time to get crackin'  :D
Sent in my numbers, hopefully will get tune tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

barberryanlee

Got the tunes from the boys at Livernois. Have to go to the gym then I can throw in the Map sensor and try them out. Let me know what kind of pics or things you want to see from the MyCal Touch.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: barberryanlee on December 07, 2018, 06:41:55 PM
Got the tunes from the boys at Livernois. Have to go to the gym then I can throw in the Map sensor and try them out. Let me know what kind of pics or things you want to see from the MyCal Touch.

Awesome! Good luck getting everything done. I highly suggest using a stylist if you have one for the my calibrator. The print is small and its touch screen. They are still working on improving the functionality :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barberryanlee

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 07, 2018, 06:45:28 PM
Quote from: barberryanlee on December 07, 2018, 06:41:55 PM

Awesome! Good luck getting everything done. I highly suggest using a stylist if you have one for the my calibrator. The print is small and its touch screen. They are still working on improving the functionality :-)

Funny you say that I did use a stylist with the Touch when I got my codes.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on December 07, 2018, 06:54:52 PM
Stylus?

No, a stylist... preferably a hot one with small hands like in the below picture...the little fingers help select options on the My Calibrator Touch...

As if I'm gonna use a Stylus and do it myself...

barberryanlee

Stylus?
Lol, you know!

barberryanlee

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 07, 2018, 06:59:48 PM
Stylus?

No, a stylist... preferably a hot one with small hands like in the below picture...the little fingers help select options on the My Calibrator Touch...

As if I'm gonna use a Stylus and do it myself...

It's a lot easier using a stylist. The wife gets a little irritated though.

barberryanlee

5.3 from an 8 0-60. Not bad.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

barberryanlee

barberryanlee

Quote from: SHOdded on December 08, 2018, 01:37:56 AM
:alkashi: :alkashi:
Not sure what that means.

SHOdded

ZSHO

Quote from: barberryanlee on December 08, 2018, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on December 08, 2018, 01:37:56 AM
:alkashi: :alkashi:
Not sure what that means.

Salut! expressing good wishes. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

barberryanlee

Got 91 octane 3 bar loaded and installed Borla cat back tonight. I've had my Explorer for 2.5 years and always loved it, but man this is quick. It's not a whole new car or anything like that. It's better. It's the same car just more alive than ever.

Also figure out the live sensor display on the Touch, and the data logging. The display is just digital readout of whatever sensors you select. Nothing fancy, no animated dials. Just straight up live numbers that do seem to be live with zero lag.