• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New to Tuner

Started by barberryanlee, December 01, 2018, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barberryanlee

I have PP631131 2016-2018 EXPLORER SPORT ECOBOOST TUNER in my cart with approval from my boss (wife) to purchase, but I have questions. With my $600 how many and what tunes are included in that. If I want to adjust tuning do I have to send the data into LMS for the adjustments to be made? This will be my first, but not last, LMS purchase so I'm excited to get into it, but just wanted more info first.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I would email any such Inquiries @ tuning@livernoismotorsports.com or info@livernoismotorsports.com . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

barberryanlee

I reached out to them, but considering it was the weekend and all I didn't expect to hear back. I couldn't wait anymore so just ordered the new unit, 3 Bar MAP sensor, and thermostat. I knew I wanted this tuner,I can figure out the details later.

BTW, also have Borla cat back on the way that was a price I couldn't pass up. Gonna be a great Christmas!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ZSHO

No worries! They will get you handled Pronto!  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Livernois has definitely stepped up their game in Customer Service.  But ya, waiting is HARD, LOL.

Excited to see another SHO owner going with a Borla install.  Hope you like it, and please do post sound clips pre and post.  TIA!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: barberryanlee on December 01, 2018, 06:55:32 PM
I have PP631131 2016-2018 EXPLORER SPORT ECOBOOST TUNER in my cart with approval from my boss (wife) to purchase, but I have questions. With my $600 how many and what tunes are included in that. If I want to adjust tuning do I have to send the data into LMS for the adjustments to be made? This will be my first, but not last, LMS purchase so I'm excited to get into it, but just wanted more info first.

Thanks

Glad you decided to go with us and our products, you will not be dissapointed! Also i did send an email reply to you as well!

barberryanlee

Quote from: SHOdded on December 03, 2018, 07:44:15 AM
Livernois has definitely stepped up their game in Customer Service.  But ya, waiting is HARD, LOL.

Excited to see another SHO owner going with a Borla install.  Hope you like it, and please do post sound clips pre and post.  TIA!
No SHO here, although I did have a Limited Taurus and wished I had the SHO, for about a year. 2016 Explorer Sport. Stock...for now.

barberryanlee

Quote from: barberryanlee on December 03, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

No SHO here, although I did have a Limited Taurus and wished I had the SHO, for about a year. 2016 Explorer Sport. Stock...for now.

Well this sucks. Found out that the great deal I was getting on my Borla exhaust may have been because a seller didn't know how to price their goods and refunded the order before actually shipping. Still get my Livernois toys tomorrow, but have to dispute with Amazon to see if they can find me a deal on exhaust. I'd prefer the Livernois, but the price is out of my league.

Updates to come.

SHOdded

SBS got a Corsa for 950, maybe he can help you out?  How much was the Borla, if you don't mind my asking?

https://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/borla-exhaust-systems

https://www.amazon.com/Borla-140659-BORLA-Exhaust-System/dp/B01AOSPWEQ/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: barberryanlee on December 06, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
Quote from: barberryanlee on December 03, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

Well this sucks. Found out that the great deal I was getting on my Borla exhaust may have been because a seller didn't know how to price their goods and refunded the order before actually shipping. Still get my Livernois toys tomorrow, but have to dispute with Amazon to see if they can find me a deal on exhaust. I'd prefer the Livernois, but the price is out of my league.

Updates to come.

I would say you dodged a bullet more than anything. I had the Borla exhaust on my 2010 SHO and HATED IT... the drone as unreal.. I wouldn't recommend Borla for the 3.5 ecoboost..

Quote from: SHOdded on December 06, 2018, 05:45:53 AM
SBS got a Corsa for 950, maybe he can help you out?  How much was the Borla, if you don't mind my asking?

I used a few things at my disposal to get the price that low. Unfortunately its not something that can passed on. I hear nothing but good things about Corsa and have been told by a few there is NO drone. Unfortunately I wont be able to test it until after Christmas since its going under the tree.

barberryanlee

Quote from: SHOdded on December 06, 2018, 05:45:53 AM

Borla was $565 which is about $300 below what it's normally priced.

jman

I am pretty happy with my Corsa.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

ZSHO

I have had the Corsa sport exhaust close to 5 years now and found the need to install new gaskets on a couple of occasions during this time period to prevent any leaks from forming. 
AGREED There is absolutely ZERO DRONE NADA inside the cabin.  Z 
To the OP Best of luck on your new quest...

Front Pipe Gasket - Ford (7T4Z-9450-AA)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,463.3465.html

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-front-pipe-gasket-7t4z9450aa/?c=Zz1leGhhdXN0LXN5c3RlbSZzPWV4aGF1c3QtY29tcG9uZW50cyZpPUxQMDgxODU1JnI9bGF5ZXJfOCZhPWZvcmQmbz10YXVydXMmeT0yMDEzJnQ9c2hvJmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

barberryanlee

It's here!

SHOdded