• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wipers!

Started by ZSHO, December 01, 2018, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have always used Motorcraft wipers which have a direct fit pinch-tab application specifically made for your vehicle and have worked as designed but figured to change the flavor a bit with a new set of Trico-Force wipers which are quiet as can be and provide a buttery smooooth wipe!

The Trico Force are indeed sleek looking wipers which are made of metal construction for reduced chatter in all weather conditions and come with a universal fit Pinch Tab adapter exclusively for the ecoboost.
I cannot speak to longevity in regards to the Trico Force wipers but must say i'm truly impressed by far and have surpassed my expectations especially with old man winter upon us. Z  :)

I will try to get some side by side pics for comparison for anyone interested...

With world-class development and testing equipment, a relentlessly inventive team of engineers and rigorous quality control standards, TRICO continues to deliver "First in Industry" windshield wiper technology innovations across the globe.

TRICO Force Features & Benefits:
Superior Wipe

VorTec aerofoil provides maximum windshield contact by transferring wind force downward
Engineered to conform to today's highly curved windshields
Aerodynamic Profile

Unique spoiler reduces windlift in excess of 135 mph (220 kph) caused by cross winds, buffeting truck winds and general traffic turbulence
Provides quiet operation with less chatter
All-Weather Performance

HighGlide treated rubber technology is designed for quiet operation
One-piece wiper structure resists snow and ice clogging...
universal fit adapter

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4004973&cc=1503823&jsn=54

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,wiper+&+washer,wiper+blade,8852

Pinch Tab Button Wiper Installation

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

side by sides would be good

though the 135 mph limit seems low.  :P :P :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

AGREED!  I was doing a Buck 40 On my way to MD that day! LoL. Z   ;D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Ollies. Yeah. Yeah.

These wiper blades are excellent for $6 but unfortunately they dont fit the new style Ford connector. At least I didnt try to mod it etc.

ZSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on December 02, 2018, 05:18:36 PM
Ollies. Yeah. Yeah.

These wiper blades are excellent for $6 but unfortunately they dont fit the new style Ford connector. At least I didnt try to mod it etc.
Do you have an extra adapter labeled B-C! Try to switch,swap them out!  Z

Macgyver

I got the OEMs. I bought these for other cars in the stable. You cannot beat them for the price. Even come with a blade edge protector in the package. You can see the light blue.

Ford has that side on side clip thingy but I will check the package.

ToMang07

I'm using the Trico Ultras....not really impressed with them. The mount point is HUGE and they ALWAYS leave residue after a wipe...at pretty much any speed... even after a courtesy wipe.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ZSHO

The last set of Motorcrafts did not last so long! New vs old stock maybe!! Dunno! I use Rain X (orange bottle) which helps a bit for a smoother overall wipe.
Sometimes clearance or sale items look good on paper but could be ild stock collecting dust.  Z

SHOdded

shoNoff

Only aftermarket blades I run is Valeo. Both W's for winter and the ultimate for summer. Never had a problem work great.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

mjhpadi

I have used almost all the aftermarket blades, Trico, Anco, Rain-X, and Bosch. Still the best I have found are the Motorcraft.  They work best on the Mustang, SHO, Explorer, and Taurus wagon.  I don't fool with any aftermarket. Although I must say the new Rain-X silicone blade that my instructor friend uses on his Tacoma work pretty impressively.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350