• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Showed some kids in an Altima what's up

Started by Agentlongwood, November 30, 2018, 09:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Funny story coming home from getting groceries at Target today.  As I loaded my stuff into the trunk I saw 3 dudes, probably in their early 20s, walking to an '08-ish Nissan Altima.  I got the vibe that at least one of them was eyeing my car as they went by.  I thought that was weird because, lets be real, who eyeballs a Lincoln MKS, lol.  As I'm pulling out of the parking lot onto the main road, I noticed they were the car behind me.  I pulled into the middle lane, so they'd have the right lane wide open, and I went a little slower than usual.  Sure enough the kids took the bait and got on it when they pulled out, and tried to blow past me on my right.  I put it to the floor and the car downshifted just as they got next to me... and they stopped pulling, like instantly.  I mean they went from zooming past to dead even at my door in a heartbeat, and then started fading into my rearview with a quickness. At the next light I was turning left and they were going straight, in the lane next to me.  I looked over and the driver smiled and waved kinda awkwardly.  I gave them the thumbs up and went our separate ways.

I know, I know, a decade old Altima is nothing to brag about stomping.  But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun showing younger dude that even though my car looks like Grandpa's Sunday driver, it hauls ass.  It felt EXACTLY like this:  https://youtu.be/Mrx24jofi0w?t=4
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

802SHO

Haha YES!  Who cares its an Altima...any car is game!!!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Haha love it! Any car is game. Bet they didn't have gap insurance for that one!
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Agentlongwood

Quote from: Jordan on December 01, 2018, 02:44:59 PM
Haha love it! Any car is game. Bet they didn't have gap insurance for that one!

Exactly.  When I let off, the gap was too big for any company to insure, lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes