• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Thunderstorm High Flow Catted Downpipes

Started by StealBlueSho, November 30, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Will your HFC downpipes pass the OBDII readiness?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2018, 02:46:52 PM
Will your HFC downpipes pass the OBDII readiness?
Absolutely not in short words, our downpipes are for race/offroad use and will not pass any emissions testings

StealBlueSho

Thanks for the quick response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2018, 03:31:51 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

No problem if you need anything else let us know!

Agentlongwood

If they don't pass then whats the point of choosing them over the catless models?  Honestly not being a smart-alec.  I'm betting it's something I just haven't thought of.  Like are there race classes that require a physical catalytic converter, but don't need to pass OBDII?  Or something along those lines?

Side note:  Huge respect to you folks at Livernois for being upfront that they are not intended to pass OBDII.  I feel like a lesser company would use marketing lingo and avoid answering the question. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

StealBlueSho

That is an interesting question indeed....

I know where I live there is no emission testing (yet!) but during the safety inspection they do a visual check to make sure there are cats in the car.

Also, if you get pulled over and a cop decides to do a visual, and there are no cats it's thousands of dollars per cat that been removed in fines.

So even if they don't pass readiness, it still helps ME to have them there lol.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2018, 08:28:55 PM

I know where I live there is no emission testing (yet!) but during the safety inspection they do a visual check to make sure there are cats in the car.

Also, if you get pulled over and a cop decides to do a visual, and there are no cats it's thousands of dollars per cat that been removed in fines.

Wow...I know to keep cool and just roll with the punches but if a cop got down on his knees and tried to determine from looking under my car on the ground I would NOT be able to resist an onslaught of less than polite phrases to decribe his level of interest ....Holy **** I mean...does that type of situation even exist?  I understand to become an officer to protect and serve..prevent and stop crimes from happening...solve murders, save peoples lives...even the usual traffic laws.....but try and determine if I have cats or not ....what???????  Get a ****** life!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on November 30, 2018, 08:43:18 PM

Wow...I know to keep cool and just roll with the punches but if a cop got down on his knees and tried to determine from looking under my car on the ground I would NOT be able to resist an onslaught of less than polite phrases to decribe his level of interest ....Holy **** I mean...does that type of situation even exist?  I understand to become an officer to protect and serve..prevent and stop crimes from happening...solve murders, save peoples lives...even the usual traffic laws.....but try and determine if I have cats or not ....what???????  Get a ****** life!

It's happened. And it cost my buddy $6K in EPA fines. He was driving a fox body.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2018, 08:44:55 PM

It's happened. And it cost my buddy $6K in EPA fines. He was driving a fox body.

That's crazy!  I feel bad for your buddy that he ran into the biggest dbag on the planet.  I think I'm right when I say the majority of cops would look down on a fellow cop going that far!  Especially since at least one on the force probably doesn't have them either...........and I'm not talking about BPD.  Lol no seriously I know a guy who has a catless downpipe on his WRX and hes a cop. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on November 30, 2018, 09:07:06 PM

That's crazy!  I feel bad for your buddy that he ran into the biggest dbag on the planet.  I think I'm right when I say the majority of cops would look down on a fellow cop going that far!  Especially since at least one on the force probably doesn't have them either...........and I'm not talking about BPD.  Lol no seriously I know a guy who has a catless downpipe on his WRX and hes a cop.

Yea I dunno... cops in Northern VA can be interesting. There was such a bad issue with street racing at one point they were giving tickets to anyone running anything aftermarket... and since Virginia is a Commonwealth they can get away with a lot of dumb stuff....

IE: At one point ANY modified exhaust was a ticketable offense..and cops wrote those tickets all day long.. felt bad for the judges who had to sort that stuff out...

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2018, 09:13:00 PM

Yea I dunno... cops in Northern VA can be interesting. There was such a bad issue with street racing at one point they were giving tickets to anyone running anything aftermarket... and since Virginia is a Commonwealth they can get away with a lot of dumb stuff....

IE: At one point ANY modified exhaust was a ticketable offense..and cops wrote those tickets all day long.. felt bad for the judges who had to sort that stuff out...

Aww yes Virgnia.  Don't want to mess around with any Commonwealth State...theyre not playing.  My best friend from Vermont moved there a while back and ended up one night going 98 in a 55.  No criminal record.  Sentenced to a day in jail and 3 years probation....mind boggling to us.  Here in VT that would have been a hefty ticket.  Doubling the speed limit would be a careless and negligent and that doesn't even land you in jail ....maybe different now but 10 years ago NO WAY!  After that incident I have always been weary of my conduct in Virginia...on my best behavior 😇...try to be anyway.  Feel much safer here in the Green Mountain State! 

Oh and I do own the LMS catless downpipes...back to the post......visual inspection here and my mechanic doesn't care so long as no lights on in the dash...good to go 👍

Agentlongwood

I don't know... If the point was to pass "Visual Inspection" then why put a real catalytic converter in there at all?  Just shape the piping to look like a cat on the outside, but be perfectly flowing straight pipe on the inside.  It would be cheaper, perform better, and accomplish exactly the same thing, in terms of passing visual but failing OBDII.  I think there's got to be more to it then that...
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

shoNoff

Samething happened to me in fox body. That is why I have catted downpipes on my car now. I got out of the fines for reasons I'd rather not type out on the Internet.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on November 30, 2018, 11:03:21 PM

Samething happened to me in fox body. That is why I have catted downpipes on my car now. I got out of the fines for reasons I'd rather not type out on the Internet.

Reminds me of the Biggie Smalls song lyrics..."note to the plaintiff your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement, face it NOT GUILTY" 😂🤣🤣

stevelaw_2000

Quote from: 802SHO on November 30, 2018, 09:21:26 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2018, 09:13:00 PM

Aww yes Virgnia.  Don't want to mess around with any Commonwealth State...theyre not playing.  My best friend from Vermont moved there a while back and ended up one night going 98 in a 55.  No criminal record.  Sentenced to a day in jail and 3 years probation....mind boggling to us.  Here in VT that would have been a hefty ticket.  Doubling the speed limit would be a careless and negligent and that doesn't even land you in jail ....maybe different now but 10 years ago NO WAY!  After that incident I have always been weary of my conduct in Virginia...on my best behavior ...try to be anyway.  Feel much safer here in the Green Mountain State! 

Oh and I do own the LMS catless downpipes...back to the post......visual inspection here and my mechanic doesn't care so long as no lights on in the dash...good to go
How did this down pipes work for you? I just bought a pair and haven't put them on yet. Getting a new tune before I put them on

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk