• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT not supporting 2018 SHO

Started by 18SHO, November 29, 2018, 07:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18SHO

anyone else have this issue ? Been going back and forth with SCT trying to get the car to take the tune from AJPturbo! This sucks!
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

MeanKS

what 2018 SHO?

is Ford still building them?

they are still making the Interceptor sedan, so they could still make the SHO.

another thing, Dodge actually makes an AWD V8 Charger Pursuit for police departments around the country, yet only offer AWD on the V6 model for civilians.  If they offered AWD i might would consider a higher output V8 Charger, i like the look of the latest model even though i'm definitely not a Chrysler guy.

just FYI, in the latest Michigan Police tests, the AWD Turbo Ford Interceptor beat the AWD V8 Charger Pursuit in their road course and performance testing.

Back in the day when i would argue with Mopar nuts about the SHO vs the Charger i would always use the police testing to show that the SHO was a better handler than the Charger.  the Dodge does have higher horsepower options from the factory tho, but we know how to deal with that.

I was always surprised no car magazine would ever test these cars against each other and the Chevy SS as well, especially when these cars were popular and 'in vogue' so to speak.

the police variants are the closests we can get to a real comparison with handling and acceleration numbers...
MKS-EB...

bpd1151

There are 2018 SHO's available and still being built.

Production will cease entirely in March of 2019 at the last I heard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18SHO

Quote from: MeanKS on November 29, 2018, 08:07:23 PM
what 2018 SHO?

another thing, Dodge actually makes an AWD V8 Charger Pursuit for police departments around the country, yet only offer AWD on the V6 model for civilians.  If they offered AWD i might would consider a higher output V8 Charger, i like the look of the latest model even though i'm definitely not a Chrysler guy.

just FYI, in the latest Michigan Police tests, the AWD Turbo Ford Interceptor beat the AWD V8 Charger Pursuit in their road course and performance testing.

Back in the day when i would argue with Mopar nuts about the SHO vs the Charger i would always use the police testing to show that the SHO was a better handler than the Charger.  the Dodge does have higher horsepower options from the factory tho, but we know how to deal with that.

I was always surprised no car magazine would ever test these cars against each other and the Chevy SS as well, especially when these cars were popular and 'in vogue' so to speak.

the police variants are the closests we can get to a real comparison with handling and acceleration numbers...

Yea they are still building them until end of 2019 . I currently own a 2018 Sho Built 6/18 . SCT is saying they aren't supporting the newer models so the tuner won't put the tune onto the car makes zero sense .
Best trap 113.61

AJP turbo

Quote from: 18SHO on November 29, 2018, 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: MeanKS on November 29, 2018, 08:07:23 PM
what 2018 SHO?

Yea they are still building them until end of 2019 . I currently own a 2018 Sho Built 6/18 . SCT is saying they aren't supporting the newer models so the tuner won't put the tune onto the car makes zero sense .

This always get lost in translation ....they are supporting and custom tune dealers already have access to the calibration that's how I was able to build your file

What they meant to say is they don't currently have pre-loaded tune support which you don't want anyway...I go through this all the time with sct
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

It seems the device just needed updated....18Sho I know you said you updated it previously but sometimes if a device is used and hasn't been updated for a while I suppose all of them may not take like a windows computer....I dunno

And I update my dealer software every time I open it so sometimes it's possible that if a dealer creates a calibration with the latest info I suppose it could require current firmware on the customers end but I believe you would be prompted to update in the device updater program
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

18SHO

So it turns out SCT after speaking with 4 different people, when my firmware was up to date spent over 30 minutes downloading updates a week ago. my device was working properly, my ECU strategy was accepted as tunable and they all come back with SHO is not supported as a 2018 and they were sorry but it can't be tuned.!
I couldn't figure out how SCT devices work on previous models of SHO but not mine and they couldn't answer that. They said the last year of working SHO models supported were 2015s ... The same day that I plugged my car in and it said vehicle not supported was shortly thereafter where I connected to the computer and connected to wifi and no updates were available I was up to date. I spoke with SCT they said they had to basically hack into my ECU to get the tune To load and something told me don't let them do that. The next day I decided one last time let me check the computer once more before I call them and they do a hack job of sorts and it said downloading update....took 30 seconds and said custom tune ready to install into vehicle ... crazy enough the tune loaded right up no issues.
Brad at AJPTurbo was very helpful at trying to get me situated with this ordeal. Everyone who's worked with him wouldn't be surprised the least bit! Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Updates are very important but if your SCT handheld isn't loading a tune most likely bring up to SCT there's got to be a update missing
Best trap 113.61

Brucelinc

Yeah, I had the same situation with my Continental.  SCT had never heard of a 2017 Continental, said it couldn't be tuned, that they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, yada yada yada.    Brad got it all worked out for me and tuned the car.