• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Toyo Proxes R888R

Started by AJP turbo, November 29, 2018, 02:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking of getting a set for the mustang. I feel like I need to get something serious because I'm getting kind of tired of poor traction and honestly it's just kind of dangerous at anything below 60 degrees

Want a tire for handling and not just 1/4 mile so that narrows it down a lot due to sidewall construction....Nitto NT-01 or the Toyo

Only drive about 1000 a year so not worried about mileage
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

nickstewartroc

Quite a few of us ST guys run them (I don't...yet) when going big turbo. Local guy will only run the R888s on his
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Gjkrisa

Wow what tires are you having issues with under 60 and how fast you driving or is that for drag race saftey.
My factory f1 are still keeping me planted on the road at 30 degree temps i take one turn at 40 mph that less quality tires will slide but the Taurus takes with 0 slip

I'm not tuned though.
I'm surprised my three year old tires are doing well when after the first year I blew thru half life of the tire but I started taking things a bit slower caring about gas mileage
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

AJP turbo

I have Mickey Thompson street comps and they are garbage but they were cheap at 211 a piece....

305/35/20 they are a summer tire but tread wear is 300 so I should've expected mediocre performance but I thought because they were wide it would help but not really...above 60 degrees I can got wot in 4th and I even took my 3.73 gears out and put in 3.31 gears....I'm around 660whp

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

In general, I have not heard ONE bad think about tires in the Proxes lineup.  But usually people are not pushing as much power as you are LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

I've had them on my terminator.  They have fantastic dry grip.  Wet, be careful.  They'll hold a 1st gear roll no problem.  305/35/18.

I only had 2 things I didn't like about them.  #1, When I'd take road trips to Vegas (about 425miles) holding 90-100mph they were SUUUUUUPER loud.  #2, They're stickyness kicked up rocks so bad it really beat up the rear bumper cover.  So consider the discrete debris flaps from Ford.  They wore excellent too.

On my fox that I auto-x and open track I run the Falken Azenis.  To be honest I like these better.  They are much quieter, have equal if not better grip, and are substantially less in cost.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Those falkens don't seem bad but they aren't listed as a competition tire and have a treadwear of 200 I think....and they only go to 18"....I need 20" and I feel like I want to go hardcore with a true R compound...I think the r888r is 100 utg

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Macgyver

From what my Autocross buddy says. The Nitto's are the way to go for road legal straight line acceleration cars.