• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Pcm info?

Started by Gjkrisa, November 28, 2018, 12:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

I've read some getting a pcm update curious as to how one goes about that if there supposed to talk to the Ford service tech to see if there is an update?

How does one check the pcm firmware version is that in the engineering mode.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

I think its solely dependent on TSB AFAIK!
In my case they found a TSB and needed to reflash the PCM.
I would try speaking with the Tech to see if there are any updates applicable to your vehicle.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4079.msg63923.html#msg63923

https://youtu.be/39IaVoc0EHs

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Strange that Forscan Lite does not read the PCM software version like it does for other modules.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Have you tried viewing it I haven't tried yet someone messaged me on my YouTube video and got my attention and I have seen people here talk about going in a getting the update sometimes just part of their oil change I think it was so curious what info I could get on that.
So far I can just guess you talk to your service tech and they will check if there's a tsb on it.
Quote from: SHOdded on November 28, 2018, 03:31:25 PM
Strange that Forscan Lite does not read the PCM software version like it does for other modules.

SHOdded

Your dealership should be able to check on it for ya pretty easy.  If you are tuned, return to stock first tho.   IDK if the tuning device can check the current version.  I kinda sorta misplaced mine lol.  But I have not heard of folks updating PCM via FFW-EL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

On my 2010 when I was having issues from multiple tuners getting a solid tune, I was told by Brad to go see if there was an update to my strategy. The first dealer I talked to said if nothing was broke or acting up, they wont update it...  second dealership just said "Sure for $100".. dropped it off.. took about an hour or so.. then it was done.

Gjkrisa

Thank you you all are awesome!