• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sho engine swap-what is this part

Started by milligsc, November 24, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milligsc

Hi folks, im swapping a 14 engine into my 11. My 11 engine didn't have this yellow looking cap under the radiator hose connection in the pic. It has a factory looking retainer clip. Anyone know what this is?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

There just Plastic caps to keep debris from entering IIRC! 
The RED looks like its a coolant tube its on and Yellow maybe related to the Fuel or oil pump!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6822.msg105306.html#msg105306
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7401.msg112711.html#msg112711

I suspected this is what it might be when I responded on SHOforum, but the coolant flow diagram sure doesn't look its the case ... IDK

"-The Interceptor Utility motor I got had an extra heater hose port that protrudes from the front of the motor under the throttle body below where the upper radiator hose attaches. I don't know what it's for, but I'm guessing maybe a PTU cooler or something of that nature due to the HD designation of the interceptor application. In order to delete it completely, it looked like I would have to remove one of the heads to get the coolant tube out, so I just plugged it instead."
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

milligsc

Quote from: SHOdded on November 24, 2018, 05:54:57 PM
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6822.msg105306.html#msg105306
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7401.msg112711.html#msg112711

I suspected this is what it might be when I responded on SHOforum, but the coolant flow diagram sure doesn't look its the case ... IDK

"-The Interceptor Utility motor I got had an extra heater hose port that protrudes from the front of the motor under the throttle body below where the upper radiator hose attaches. I don't know what it's for, but I'm guessing maybe a PTU cooler or something of that nature due to the HD designation of the interceptor application. In order to delete it completely, it looked like I would have to remove one of the heads to get the coolant tube out, so I just plugged it instead."
Its a steel tube that goes somewhere under the intake.  The motor may be from an MKZ in told. Doesnt look like a shipping cap, it's got a steel spring retainer similar to the turbo piping on many cars.

SHOdded

Does the tube have an exit on the other side?  Did not have a pic to see ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

milligsc

Quote from: SHOdded on November 25, 2018, 12:20:22 AM
Does the tube have an exit on the other side?  Did not have a pic to see ...
I dont see it exit anywhere. Looks like it terminates under intake.