• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stutter at WOT when cold.... Flashing CEL and Limp Mode...

Started by ToMang07, November 23, 2018, 05:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToMang07

Quote from: sm105k on December 10, 2018, 09:41:05 AM
Quote from: ToMang07 on December 08, 2018, 02:26:36 PM
Yeah, means I'd have to buy new tunes. Unleashed has no interest in working with me since I'm not the original owner.

WTF?  Is that usually policy?  I would be emailing another tuner ASAP.  Quite a few of us use AJPTurbo.  Brad (the tuner) does a great job.
Apparently.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

SHOdded

Some "warranties" travel, some don't.  I guess Unleashed's does not, but I also assume it to be common practice unless you are on a first-name basis with the tuner.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on December 10, 2018, 10:36:52 AM
Some "warranties" travel, some don't.  I guess Unleashed's does not, but I also assume it to be common practice unless you are on a first-name basis with the tuner.

I get that, however if I am the new owner I don't expect changes or anything for free from the tuner.  However, I would expect some type of support or direction, because everyone's "tastes" are different.   Maybe I have read into this completely wrong? 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Well, if you know what mods u got, and what you would like to change, yes, the tuner should be able to give you some support in that regard.  What is safe, what not, in a manner that is not a significant time investment on the tuner's part.  That said, yes, some tuners are more "forthcoming" in that regard.  Whether because they have it in their business model, whether it is just who they are, etc.  Different people are comfy with different levels of support.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Technically your a new customer as you have never paid for a tune I guess. Torrie is notoriously short winded and doesn't offer much help with issues other than "try this one" or "it's not the tune it's your car"

I would suggest pinging AJPTurbo or Gearhead since you already have an SCT device.

If the car was tuned during the summer then I would be willing to bet the issue is fuel pressure. Torrie tunes to the max at any given time. A lot of Unleashed customers have a summer and winter tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 12, 2018, 04:33:47 PM
Technically your a new customer as you have never paid for a tune I guess. Torrie is notoriously short winded and doesn't offer much help with issues other than "try this one" or "it's not the tune it's your car"

I would suggest pinging AJPTurbo or Gearhead since you already have an SCT device.

If the car was tuned during the summer then I would be willing to bet the issue is fuel pressure. Torrie tunes to the max at any given time. A lot of Unleashed customers have a summer and winter tune.

This is very true my dad has tunes from unleashed on his ecoboost mustang. I believe he said not to run the tune under 50 degrees. I may be off on the exact temperature.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

TopherSho

+100;  I have had dangerous luck with a previous well known high volume tuner.  Go with AJP or livernois.   I go with AJP as he is more than happy to lend a few ideas for troubleshooting.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

Quote from: TopherSho on December 14, 2018, 09:36:26 AM

+100;  I have had dangerous luck with a previous well known high volume tuner.  Go with AJP or livernois.   I go with AJP as he is more than happy to lend a few ideas for troubleshooting.

One of the many reasons I am tuned my AJP.  Oh...and my car flat out does work.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ToMang07

Well,  I planned on buying newer tunes.  However Torries lack of interest has ensured I'll look elsewhere. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Jordan

My experience with Torrie's tunes was extreme lack luster. In fact I am lucky to still have my stuff in proper running order. Probably a good choice to go elsewhere.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

shoNoff

I have both unleashed and Ajp tunes. Brads first revision that Im still currently running is as just as fast as my unleashed race tune. Don't quote exact boost numbers but I want to say unleashed is around 18 and Brad has me at 14.5. I could be off on that. I'll have to look at unleashed logs later. I can only imagine once I send brad logs and we switch to 100 fuel. I will also say brads tune feels much easier on the car around town. The car shifts and acts like it's stock unless you get in it. Torrie's tune always felt like it was hard on the transmission even driving around town. The real reason I switched to ajp was explanation and customer service. Torrie will answer you any time of day in 20 minutes absolutely. But it's one word answers, nothing technical and won't even say what was revised in the tune. It was always "looks good try this thanks torrie." I understand he may tune 50,000 cars and not have time to write out a 7 page response to me. But all you have to say is what you adjusted and maybe why. Now Brad might only answer you 1-2 times a day. But it's a long thought out email with what he's doing and why he's doing it. To me that adds an element of security. I always know what to expect when the tune is loaded.

SHOdded

TopherSho

Quote from: shoNoff on December 15, 2018, 10:43:19 AM
I have both unleashed and Ajp tunes. Brads first revision that Im still currently running is as just as fast as my unleashed race tune. Don't quote exact boost numbers but I want to say unleashed is around 18 and Brad has me at 14.5. I could be off on that. I'll have to look at unleashed logs later. I can only imagine once I send brad logs and we switch to 100 fuel. I will also say brads tune feels much easier on the car around town. The car shifts and acts like it's stock unless you get in it. Torrie's tune always felt like it was hard on the transmission even driving around town. The real reason I switched to ajp was explanation and customer service. Torrie will answer you any time of day in 20 minutes absolutely. But it's one word answers, nothing technical and won't even say what was revised in the tune. It was always "looks good try this thanks torrie." I understand he may tune 50,000 cars and not have time to write out a 7 page response to me. But all you have to say is what you adjusted and maybe why. Now Brad might only answer you 1-2 times a day. But it's a long thought out email with what he's doing and why he's doing it. To me that adds an element of security. I always know what to expect when the tune is loaded.

If brad makes you a good 100 tune .. it will rip your face off and put you in the low-LOW 12's even with stock hardware.   

One price of advice, let him soften the shifts.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

shoNoff

Yea I seriously can't wait until I get datalogging with Brad. I ran into one issue after another last year towards the end of the season.

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on December 15, 2018, 04:39:26 PM
Yea I seriously can't wait until I get datalogging with Brad. I ran into one issue after another last year towards the end of the season.

You wont be disappointed!