• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PP Struts and HR Springs

Started by Macgyver, November 21, 2018, 12:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

These are for sale near me. I am not a suspension guy. The Price is low. Maybe too low? Claims 20K miles on them. $300 for all 4 PP "Struts" and all 4 HR Springs.

I know what the drive etc will be like. I just want some feedback as to whether or not this is a Steal or a bad deal.

This is what is listed with them.

" I have oem 2015 sho struts off a performance package sho. On the struts are the h&r lowing springs. I also have the rear h&r springs with the oem performance package shocks. I traded my car in for an f150 and never installed them onto my car. "

Thanks for your time

Mac

SHOdded

IDK, but I am not a suspension guy either LOL.  I think with lowering springs, OEM shocks and struts take a beating, and have to be replaced earlier than usual.  Can't rightly say how much life is remaining on them.  So I would really look at the value of the H&Rs alone.  Plus any installation costs.  Granted the fronts would be plug n play replacements (w alignment) because the springs are already installed in this ad so that saves time and money there.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

I was thinking the same. Especially if they really have closer 25k on them.

New Springs are $250ish .

I would do the install. $100 for a good 4 wheel alignment. I guess its not bad it retrospect. I would have my 40k mile struts as back up as well.

SHOdded

Do you have a perf pkg now?  Will take some getting used to otherwise.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

No PP atm. I am sure its night and day. Lower and Stiffer will take some of the land yacht feeling away. LOL.

I like tight riding cars anyway.

shoNoff

I have a pp car and a good friend of mine has a non pp. I honestly can not feel much of a difference in ride between the 2 driving them.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

FiveLeeter918

I personally think my PP feels better than my friends non-PP when driving/driving in both. From my understanding the H&Rs were designed with the PP struts in mind as well. Saving the time on install as it's sold as a module is great, but like others have said the only variable is whether they actually have only 25k miles, or 25k miles with the springs installed and the struts are much higher.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!